PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake Question?

CALFISHER4EVR
09-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I have never launch a boat at that lake before. Can anyone give me a good place or info to launch. I would appreciate the help.

DockRat
09-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I do believe you have to buy a Lake Permit and they have min size limits.
DR

JAG107
09-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Is there anyplace in particular to buy a lake permit? I'd also like to know where there's a good launch ramp, there's gotta be more than one up there.

CALFISHER4EVR
09-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I do believe you have to buy a Lake Permit and they have min size limits.
DR DockRat, Thanks for the tips.

diamondbear
09-05-2011, 03:46 PM
You have 2 public launch rmps. on the north shore along with 4-5 private launchs that will charge you . Coming up the west side from san berdo. you'll hit the west launch and comimh up from the east/ yucaipa side you'll hit the east ramp . Both places will do a quadda mussel inspection and charge you like 25.00 for the day , and your boat has to be like 13 ft. min. You'll buy your lk. permit from the guys at the ramp . HEAD TO WEST END STAY IN MIDDLE OF LK. 3-4 COLORS LEAD LINE WITH 3 FLASHERS AN 18 INCH LEADER WITH HALF A NITE CRAWLER , for some holdover trout .

CALFISHER4EVR
09-06-2011, 10:47 AM
You have 2 public launch rmps. on the north shore along with 4-5 private launchs that will charge you . Coming up the west side from san berdo. you'll hit the west launch and comimh up from the east/ yucaipa side you'll hit the east ramp . Both places will do a quadda mussel inspection and charge you like 25.00 for the day , and your boat has to be like 13 ft. min. You'll buy your lk. permit from the guys at the ramp . HEAD TO WEST END STAY IN MIDDLE OF LK. 3-4 COLORS LEAD LINE WITH 3 FLASHERS AN 18 INCH LEADER WITH HALF A NITE CRAWLER , for some holdover trout .

Thanks for all that info. I will give the flasher's a try

DrePSP
09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
just like diamondbear said. But, I like the East launch. I think its less choppy later in the day. if you dont have lead core, then get a fish seeker diver at bas pro. set it up anwhere 15-25 feet down. I have 2 poles set up at once. each pole different depth to figure out a depth fish are at. give your self a good 4 foot leader for a spiner like silver or rainbow panther martin or needle fish. you can alse use flashers with this set up as well, just shorter leaders.