PDA

View Full Version : Sunday troll // striper kill 9/4

diamondbear
09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I wasnt going to fish today but I got caught up in the good bite going on now . The big fish fisherman were out in force today at the saddle dam / secondary I/O and I just stayed out in deeper water and a little east of these guys watching the show but couldnt tell how it was going . Iam going hiking for deer tommarow and told myself 3 hrs. or 5 fish , so between 7-10:00 am this morn I got 6 sripers . Right at 3 hrs. I hooked up to fish 5 and brought it to boat side and it brought all of its family with him , this fish was at about 10 ft. down and these little silver streaks were zooming all around my boat for only like 3-4 sec. until my fish broke water and they were gone as my fish fallowed as I lost it . I just dropped back down turned the boat for another pass and it was a double hook up , fish 5 & 6 , now I had to leave as I was feeling a little gready as I had enough fish for the weekend . I was fishing dwn. rig again and still the fish are way close to the surface in the first part of morn. and the fish were again caught on my little spoons as the bait is still really small . I got a little bit bigger one this morn. but I didnt want to join the crowd to try for the big ones as Trolling is my favorite way to go , Quality or Quanity , ha // db http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1249.jpghttp://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1248.jpghttp://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1251.jpg

HawgStalker
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Nicely done, yesterday and today! Good luck tmrw...

TroutOnly
09-04-2011, 04:08 PM
man thats even better than sat,i quess better put the big stuff away till the water turns green, great kill steve,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,was the big one around 12 lbs,,,,,,,,,,,,

diamondbear
09-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Tomarrow morn. I'll be leaving my truck at about 4:00 am and hopefully I'll find a nice 3 or 4 point buck deer laying near water . This is only a training hike so I'll be looking at deer but thinking of DVL STRIPERS , ha

mudbuster
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Very nice catch sat and sun , I've gone 6 times in the past 2 weeks for 0 stripers can you pm me on the spoon your using, thanks Jess

TroutOnly
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I WANT DEER JERKY D/B YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

HawgZWylde
09-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I WANT DEER JERKY D/B YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

I love that stuff. My brother in laws in Minnesota send me some from time to time

Geraldlim
09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
great kill steve,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,was the big one around 12 lbs,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm betting it was 8-9 lbs (NICE!). Come on folks, put your money down.

TrouTracker
09-04-2011, 08:58 PM
To Steve- Way to go on Mr. Stripey. Just like the holdovers, matching the hatch always seems to be the default lures out there. I think Gerald's pretty close on your nice striper. I'm thinking 7-8lbs. Let's get together in a few weeks and catch some big boys on the troll. Congrats again.
Barry

dixoncider
09-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Nice report..thanks for the info.. whats a good speed to troll for these things?

GdHkSet1
09-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice back to back slayage! Good luck on the deer hunt..

TroutOnly
09-05-2011, 10:27 AM
on the length and weight chart a 28'' fish would be heavy 12 med 10 light 8.8 a 29' fish would be 12.9 heavy 11 med 9.7 light the fish appears to be close to 29 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,you dont know how to troll t/t you just run youre mouth like you do,and you were never a expert on the holdover trout,you would always say you had fish but you never held them up to prove it or with reports with pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,length and weight chart fro stripers 247.com,,,,,,,,,,,

jw4Bassing
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM
you dont know how to troll t/t you just run youre mouth like you do,and you were never a expert on the holdover trout,you would always say you had fish but you never held them up to prove it or with reports with pics

lol.....:ROFL: :Smack:...... "IMO", I do personally agree with T/O on this one as it is definitely a "DD" and it appears to be somewhere in the ballpark of 12 - 14 pounds due to the length and girth (thickness) of the fish.

By the way Steve, excellent catches on your part and continue to keep those rods bent. Your time on the water and keeping up with the weekly patterns of the fish movement and forage, your 20+ pounder should be here soon before you know it.

Tight Lines......

JW

diamondbear
09-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I didnt weight this fish as I was in a hurry but it fought alot different then the other little schoolies . The bigger fish was metered suspended and single at 7:05 am which kept me in the area for more but not alot of fish on my sonar , which means they were moving laterly not verticaly . The smaller fish pull hard and come closer to the surface sooner as the bigger one pulled drag and stayed deep thru out fight . My mistake last couple of weeks was I was trolling to slow as for trout , but you need to kick it up a bit for a reaction bite and dont givem time to check your lure . These fish are hungry now guys , and there aggresive as hell . What trolling does it lets you cover alot of water to find these nascar fish , watch the wind for a couple of days before you fish to find out were the food source for the bait fish will most likely be for that day . If that doesn't work then you need to take a SWAG at it [ scientific wild *** guess ] // db