PDA

View Full Version : Santa fe dam fri and sat 9/2 and 9/3

Lakerfan160
09-04-2011, 01:53 PM
on friday got there at 6:30 pm and the lake was full of jumping carp. fishing for a hour already and nothing, the sun was down it was kreepy and huge spiders. i casted my jig and it backlash on me and landed 4 feet of me and once it hit the surface the fish explode on it. it felt and looked like a top water fish. i have more luck with my jig hitting the top of the water and getting a fish then my popper. so that fish saved me from getting skunked on friday.
saturday got to the lake for some more action at 4pm and the conditions were the same, and had some reel trouble so i got my other one out and fished for 2 hours and nothing it was 7:20 pm when the police was telling everyone the park is closing in 40 mins, and ever since that fire happened this place has more cops and some cops driving on quads. so after a few cast a big fish was on and it snaped my 6 pound line and i was like S###:Angry:. AFTER THE LOST I WAS LIKE MAYBE THERES MORE AND IN A FEW CAST A GET A NICE BASS . i casted a few more times and i get a other one but it was a bit bigger, o ya i seen a huge 10+ pound carp for u carp guys swimming the shallows32661friday bass 1 32660saturday bass 2 32659 saturday bass 3

Ifishtoolittle
09-04-2011, 09:40 PM
My favorite size green fish. WTG on the sunfish.