PDA

View Full Version : Boat Inspection..?

dixoncider
09-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Think about taking my boat out there this week. What's the deal on the inspections for both quagga and saftey? Are there any items that this lake requires you to have that are not the standard stuff, IE- fire exh. life jackets. If you get the sticker and pass the quagga inspection and then fish for the day, when you get in they tag you boat to the trailer. Let say you go to a different lake and then want to come back to DVL, how does that work? THanks

TopwaterTony
09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
They are inspecting to make sure you boat has no water in the bilge, live well, bait tank, prop, exhaust, etc. If you haven't got a MWD sticker, you'll have to get inspected for that as well and they will put a sticker on your boat. Basically you need a 4-stroke or newer 2-stroke (oil injected? don't mark my words, they might not allow any). Then if you get banded and you come back to DVL with the band still intact, you basically skip inspection and they just pull it off your boat, if you launch somewhere else, you will have to remove the tag, and go through the dry inspection again, but not the inspection for the MWD sticker. Doesn't take too long to do either, unless the lake is packed the day with people that need inspections, and even then if you go early enough, most of the time the guys will do it in line before you can even enter.

I will be out there on Monday.
Get out there and get some

TT

dixoncider
09-03-2011, 08:28 PM
ok thanks sound pretty easy..I have a 4 stroke. I saw or heard somewhere that you need an orange flag? they have them in the rentals for sure.. Does not sound to bad on the inspection..Luckily my boat gets real dry..

Matt_Magnone
09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
definitely come dry. i spaced the last time i showed up with the boat and forgot to wipe my livewells. stupid me knows better.

needless to say i had to take the drive of shame. totally my fault so im cool with it. no matter who you are, they do take it serious.

dixoncider
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
right on..so dusty dry....nothing out of the ordinary on the safety stuff though..?

Matt_Magnone
09-03-2011, 10:08 PM
nah. whistle, flag, life jackets for the boat rating, oar.... same ol' crap.

NFCD I
09-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Water from the exhaust gets a lot of guys turned away. Lower your motor the day before to make sure it's drained.

dixoncider
09-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks again..pretty long drive for me..would hate to get turned away....

bassmeister
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Also make sure that you still check your livewell when you get to to the lake. My boat sat in the back yard for at least 4 months covered and I checked the livewell the night before driving to lake and it was bone dry. I drove to the lake in the morning and when they opened the livewell there was a very small amount of water. Had to opt out for Perris to salvage the day. I own two boats so after I got home the next day I rigged up leaf blower with a abs pipe fitted on the blower and put a 3" to 2" reducer rubber fitting to the abs pipe and went to my other boat that had been sitting for about the same time (3-4 months) in the dry summer months. And when I turned on the blower some nasty water came out of the drain lines that lead from the livewell to the pump inlet, as well as the line that goes from the livewell to the overflow outlet. The bends in the tube seem to hold water in the hose for quite some time. So if I can't get my boat tagged for any reason at any of the lakes that inspect, i will blow out the lines the day or two befor to make sure all is dry as well as checking them before i enter lake area.

dixoncider
09-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the tips..I had already taken the bait pump apart and blew out with air, along with the lower unit and bait tank overflow..think I am good for now..guess I will find out in the morning...