PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Day Searcher Report 8/31-9/2

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Another great trip on the Searcher 150-165 miles from San Diego. Art Taylor (owner/operator) got us to the fishing grounds where we started trolling looking for a school of fish willing to bite. Trolled by a couple kelp paddies where only a single dorado was brought to gaff, so we continued to look. Art stopped on a very good looking sonar mark and the first sardines in the water were gobbled up immediately. HOOKUP !
From about 8:00 am until it was time to head back to S.D. (5:00pm) the school stayed with the boat and there was a fresh one hooked every 2 or 3 minutes apart, all on 'dines with 25-30 lb test lines and 1/0 -2/0 sized hooks with no weight. Both yellowfin and bluefin tunas and a few skipjack were brought to gaff. I managed to score 2 yellowfin and 2 bluefin all around the 30 lb range. No big bluefin or yellowfin were landed but overall a pretty good trip with a total of about 60 bluefin and 50 yellowfin for 30 anglers.
Weather conditions were pretty cloudy most of the day but the sun did manage to shine through for a while in the afternoon. Also a little windy with 4-5 ft swells with choppy water.
We stayed with that school for so long that we drifted 15 miles south, so Capt Art had to jam back to SD in a hurry for his next scheduled trip....but he allowed us to keep fishing until the last minute. The boat was scheduled to return to the docks at 7am, but returning from such a distance we got back at 9:45am.
Can't say enough about how good a skipper Art Taylor is and how great a crew he has working for him and the anglers. I'll be back on his boat for sure!
Tight lines....
TTFM

Jig-Guy
09-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks for your report. I am glad you all had a great outing and got bit. That is great the captain and boat took care you and let you fish. Your boat will go on my list as a good boats for my future outings.
tl
jg

DockRat
09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Great trip. You guys were lucky to have those fish hang with you, XLNT Job Searcher.
Great post, thanks
DR