PDA

View Full Version : 9/2 Another DVL toad....

HawgStalker
09-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Headed to the lake early this mrng. to get a few hours in before it got too warm. I went tuesday and it was very slow, only 2 fish in 4hrs.! Went to my ole' faithful spot east of the marina. Threw t-rig robos for the first hour or so with no luck. Changed up to dropshot for a bit, still nothing! Its now about 8:15 and still no fish...go back to t-rig and catch 1 that went maybe 1 1/2lbs. Slide down the bank a little and a few casts later hang a nice fish, a touch over 5lb. on the scale and over 2ft. long. Caught 1 more dink and called it a day. Pic of the big girl does'nt due her justice but she was another pretty DVL LMB...

HawgZWylde
09-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Headed to the lake early this mrng. to get a few hours in before it got too warm. I went tuesday and it was very slow, only 2 fish in 4hrs.! Went to my ole' faithful spot east of the marina. Threw t-rig robos for the first hour or so with no luck. Changed up to dropshot for a bit, still nothing! Its now about 8:15 and still no fish...go back to t-rig and catch 1 that went maybe 1 1/2lbs. Slide down the bank a little and a few casts later hang a nice fish, a touch over 5lb. on the scale and over 2ft. long. Caught 1 more dink and called it a day. Pic of the big girl does'nt due her justice but she was another pretty DVL LMB...

Nice, clean fish HS. Yup, it was another warm one. We went out today as well, a slow, hot day for sure. I D/S'd 6" Folkestad specials (no 7" MMIII's at Blue water for 2+ weeks, what gives guys? Guess I'm gonna have to make the drive and go visit Matt) and 7" oxblood lights and boated 11 2-4 lbers and a bunch of dinks. All caught at various North shore spots. I tell ya man, it's awful tough looking at all that coool water, sweating your brains out and not being able to dive in. the supreme tease indeed...

HawgStalker
09-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Thx bro! Yeah my last couple trips to blue water have been a no go on the MMIII too, had to suck it up and pay $6 for a bag at the marina yesterday... ouch! Next time Im gonna buy like 10 bags at Last Chance or Blue water (if they have 'em)... lol! Anyways, great job out there HW! Im gonna have to rent a boat soon and get on some new water there...

Sparky70
09-03-2011, 09:33 AM
you guys fish for rocks there ? :EyePop: :???:

HawgStalker
09-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Uhmmm.....guess Im a little slow but I dont get it?!

HawgZWylde
09-03-2011, 01:21 PM

Yup, and judging by the amount of D/S lead I fed em, they are biting real hard. Blew through my weeks limit in one stinken day man.:mad:

tunagod1
09-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Nice, clean fish HS. Yup, it was another warm one. We went out today as well, a slow, hot day for sure. I D/S'd 6" Folkestad specials (no 7" MMIII's at Blue water for 2+ weeks, what gives guys? Guess I'm gonna have to make the drive and go visit Matt) and 7" oxblood lights and boated 11 2-4 lbers and a bunch of dinks. All caught at various North shore spots. I tell ya man, it's awful tough looking at all that coool water, sweating your brains out and not being able to dive in. the supreme tease indeed...

Try tacklewarehouse.com, order today get them the next day usually. $3,19 pack shipping is very reasonable and free if over $50.

Tuna out