PDA

View Full Version : Perris Bass 9/1

tree
09-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Went fishing with Sublime Steve today. Got there ~5PM, fished till 7:30 PM

Started off trying texas rig worms, texas rig fluke, for nothing. Steve got 1 (or was it 2) on a dropshot worm, and I got this nice 4lber on a jerkbait. This biggie broke my 3 trip skunk, and gave me some confidence back in my fishing.

Managed to catch ~3 bass in the time we were there. only have pics of the largest.

Konacrush
09-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Went fishing with Sublime Steve today. Got there ~5PM, fished till 7:30 PM

Started off trying texas rig worms, texas rig fluke, for nothing. Steve got 1 (or was it 2) on a dropshot worm, and I got this nice 4lber on a jerkbait. This biggie broke my 3 trip skunk, and gave me some confidence back in my fishing.

Managed to catch ~3 bass in the time we were there. only have pics of the largest.

Nice fish bra I'm going to Bernasconi n da morning Hanapa'a

fishmounter
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Way to go Jason! Like I said somewhere else, with the way you are holding it, it looks like it's already mounted! You know it's funny because I fished that area pretty hard in April & May and there were very few bass there of any size. Then you and S.S. start hitting it this summer and you guys do pretty good. Keep at it and you'll get a giant..

tree
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Nice fish bra I'm going to Bernasconi n da morning Hanapa'a

nice! i think me and steve plan on trying again tomorrow morning as well. probably @ the police docks though

Way to go Jason! Like I said somewhere else, with the way you are holding it, it looks like it's already mounted! You know it's funny because I fished that area pretty hard in April & May and there were very few bass there of any size. Then you and S.S. start hitting it this summer and you guys do pretty good. Keep at it and you'll get a giant..

Thanks Jeff! Yeah, we were fishing here through the spring as well and didnt see any larger models until Steve got his the other day, and this one today.

Since i know you're usually interested in the gills as well, we also happened to bring a kid along who was able to get 2 redear and a bluegill on little redworms/trout worms. Not bad for the 2 hours there.

Kelster
09-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Nice fish. You guys have that lake wired from boats and from shore. I probably need to try some of that shore fishing.

tree
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice fish. You guys have that lake wired from boats and from shore. I probably need to try some of that shore fishing.

Well, now is the time to do it!

Sublime Steve and I went fishing again today for back to back fishing. Last night we were the last ones off of the water, and today we were one of the first on the water :D:D:D

Steve started it off with some bites and a good 2lbs fish on the dropshot.
I tried the jerkbait in the hopes that they would still be going for the reaction bite.

I got no love, and so switched to the dropshot. Right as I was getting discouraged with no fish, BOOM this PIGGY bites my worm and takes off... jk it bit it super softly, then slowly swam away. I giggled and said "Heehee I got one!" I thought it was small at first, but then....

About ~4-5lbs (because eric321 doesnt think its 5+ :P), and was bigger and fought wayyy harder than the fish caught last night.
This guy pulled drag and went on some runs!

Then Steve got a nice bluegill as well.

We met Mestre909 out there, came and fished with us for a while before we had to go. He got a couple as well.

fished from 6:00AM-10:00AM
Low wind, slight breeze, water clarity was moderate. water temps nice and warm.

fishntime
09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
You guys are killin it out there! Congrats on the fatties! Perris has been on fire lately.

Kelster
09-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I won't make it this weekend but should be back out on the tube next weekend. Steve and his DS, nothing works any better.