PDA

View Full Version : Saltiga 30 vs. Trinidad 14a

Daryl
09-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm having a difficult time making a decision here; opinions welcome.

vince
09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't have both. I was at Young's tackle yesterday, speaking to Kevin (owner/proprietor) and he showed me all the reels I was interested in. In my opinion, and no one ever uses this test to check how the reel cast. The spool has to spin continously at least 10-20 seconds !!!

I like the Trinidad 14a, then the Saltiga, then Avet reels for the low price.

Ifishtoolittle
09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm having a difficult time making a decision here; opinions welcome.

I wish I could help, but I can at least offer this piece of advice. Go demo the reel as Vince has mentioned. Check the frame/construction of the reel, the length of freespool, and the ergonomics.

Nessie Hunter
09-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Here you go.... Clash of the Titans !!!!
Tackletour review of both reels with comparisons side by side from 2004....

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshootouttrinidad-saltiga.html

Daryl
09-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Good stuff Frank. I'm partial to Diawa anyway. I prefer the Saltist over the Torium even though the Saltist clamp is a PITA.

They compared the SA40 which has a clicker, the 20 and 30 do not have clickers (30T does).

I'd like to see a Tackle Tour review with the new Trinidad A vs. Saltiga.

4g63power
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I love my saltigas, but the new trinidads come with better anti reverse system and carbon drags already. You gotta remember that saltigas have been around over 6 years already and the new trinids just came out last year. If you are in the market for a new star drag reel, I would go with trinidad a. I just hate it how shimano still uses stamped side plates for 500 dollar reels.

tailchaser001
09-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Here you go.... Clash of the Titans !!!!
Tackletour review of both reels with comparisons side by side from 2004....

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshootouttrinidad-saltiga.html

This comparison is way old. It compares with the older Trini's which are over 10 years old. The new "A" serious has new dartanium 2 drags which are carbon fiber based, dual dawgs, and a smaller profile among other improvements.

Trindad A if you want the latest and greatest.