PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Bass 9/30/11

scott e
09-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Took out my buddy's boat and found good fishing for the bass (lmb) on main lake points in 13 to 18 ft. of water. Carolina rigged brush hogs and 3/8 oz jigs with a bit off brush hog. Slow moving the bait/dead sticking for 5 seconds at a time and finding the gnarly chunk rock on the down wind side of the points was key!!!! Ended up with a 14 lb +- bag. Big fish 3.6 lbs.http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/otisbbl/big%20bear%20august/bbb.jpg

The wind made it really tough on the boat control, and missed several bites because of it ( bow was getting soaked and Trolling motor prop was outa the water as much as it was in the water.) Ended up with a baker's dozen for the day, mostly 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs with a few bigger (close to 3 lbs). http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/otisbbl/big%20bear%20august/securedownload.jpg (note, photos of fish were not taken at locations caught)

Every point I fished I caught a fish (or two or three) and had a few sublte bites. You have to cat and mouse em and make sure they eat it before you swing. If the wind dies a guy would coon em! Back to san diego for the next month, so I'll report the first week of Oct.

p.s. the top water bite because of the wind was non existent but if the wind dies down it would be good spook fishing in the same location/depth. Fish the points up hill or across the point at 13 to 18'. If you are snaggin millfoil, you are too shallow.

a321eric
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Nice job out there, and good report. I am happy to see there are some good fish being pulled out of there. I went up in July and got a few, just around 2 pounds. Still hoping to catch a nice smallie one day up day there.

ordane
09-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Awesome! Big Bear is always fun, I plan on hitting it hard during the fall.

...But, going back to San Diego is always nice too, lol. I'm SD raised but out in Riverside now, gotta say I miss those Summer Beach days. I'm actually going down this weekend. I think I might fish the Coronado Cays. That used to be my spot as a kid.

Btbdodgers
09-01-2011, 10:59 PM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBfish
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Nice... Its amazing how you caught those fish in the future though:)

Funny story too... My birthday is 9/30... but the nurse wrote it up on Oct 1st... dated it Sep 1st and so I was issued a birth certificate dated Sep 1st when I was really born on the 30th... same dates you have going on basically