PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing the Pudd

Cartman
09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I got to do something I had been wanting to do for a while. I parked at the airport and fished back in the toolies at Puddingstone at night. Before it got dark I caught some bluegill and took home five I could fillet. Caught one cat on my last two night crawlers. Probably weighed two pounds or so. Sorry, no pics this time. I got home late and still had to clean those bad boys. I fished til 10:00, and would have stayed longer if I had planned better, but I knew I still had to drive home and clean fish before I could wash the stink off me. Next time I will go later and stay later. It was really cool out there in the woods at night. I got visited by raccoons. I guess they were attracted to my bait.

old pudd fisher
09-01-2011, 07:29 PM
NICE!!! I would do the same back in the 70's this time of year, and would get some nice cats late at night in the same place. Thanks for the post I love it.

Cartman
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
NICE!!! I would do the same back in the 70's this time of year, and would get some nice cats late at night in the same place. Thanks for the post I love it.

It's really beautiful, huh? And spooky with no moon out. Big ugly spiders.

mjc89
09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
good report. its better than a skunk lol. doesnt the park close at 9pm?

old pudd fisher
09-01-2011, 09:08 PM
When I did that the pudd was just a reservoir and not a park, no gates just drive on in anytime...Those were the days.

FELIPE
09-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Whats it lookn like? I might go check out the swim beach this
weekend with friends,ima take my gear just in case.
Water still really low?

Cartman
09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
good report. its better than a skunk lol. doesnt the park close at 9pm?

Hi mjc89. Yeah, they lock the gates to the park at 9:00, but the airport parking lot is still open.

mjc89
09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi mjc89. Yeah, they lock the gates to the park at 9:00, but the airport parking lot is still open.

haha o ya. do they patrol it at night?

Cartman
09-03-2011, 08:24 AM
haha o ya. do they patrol it at night?

I dunno. It is well lit, and a few planes are taking off and landing so there are cars already parked there and people hanging out waiting for arrivals...at least as late as 10:30 on a Wednesday night. It seems safe. The airport is right by the fairgrounds. There might be more traffic getting in once the fair opens, but I doubt that will make much of a difference.

mjc89
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I dunno. It is well lit, and a few planes are taking off and landing so there are cars already parked there and people hanging out waiting for arrivals...at least as late as 10:30 on a Wednesday night. It seems safe. The airport is right by the fairgrounds. There might be more traffic getting in once the fair opens, but I doubt that will make much of a difference.

sorry i didnt explain my self right i wuz talking about the lake being patroled

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Aren't the campgrounds around that area? from what I gather, you could fish 24/7 if you're camping @ the Pudd. I've never tried parking near the airport though.. seems like a long walk.

Cartman
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
sorry i didnt explain my self right i wuz talking about the lake being patroled

No patrols where I was. I was pretty well dug into the wild end of the lake.

Cartman
09-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Aren't the campgrounds around that area? from what I gather, you could fish 24/7 if you're camping @ the Pudd. I've never tried parking near the airport though.. seems like a long walk.

I resisted parking there a long time myself. Actually it's not such a bad walk, and it's out in the open. Besides you might get to see some planes take off or land. Yes, the campground is around there, but camping is expensive, and if you're tent camping there don't seem to many flat spots. The tent sites are all on a hill, though you can fish all night there if you want to. I understand some big cats have been taken from the campground side.