PDA

View Full Version : Sarl skunk!

vicioustattoo
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
First time fishing at SARL. Me and a buddy went day fishing and rented a boat. Used Shrimp, Chicken Liver, Marshmallows, Crawlers, Mealworms. We came prepared! Even tried near the spot where the water inlet was. Nothing! Not even a bite. Is it me, or do I have to go during night fishing for any luck here? I even tried for some bass here and there with no luck!

Totempole
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
First time fishing at SARL. Me and a buddy went day fishing and rented a boat. Used Shrimp, Chicken Liver, Marshmallows, Crawlers, Mealworms. We came prepared! Even tried near the spot where the water inlet was. Nothing! Not even a bite. Is it me, or do I have to go during night fishing for any luck here? I even tried for some bass here and there with no luck!

First time i went there i got skunked as well. but ever since ive gone to FNN n researched online, Ive gotten limits n more with friends n family that go with me everytime ive gone to SARL. Fish are there TRUST ME. ive used all those baits. but i stopped with the liver n shrimp and used mealworms with marshmellow or mack n marshmellow n saved tons of money. Dont give up.

p.s u dont need a boat there....

catfish 17
08-31-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't fish sarl a lot, but like totempole said, the fish are in there, and lot's of em. It's weird that u didn't even get a single bite. Maybe ur setup was wrong? I like night fishing better, and as everyone knows, cats bite at night better. Don't get me wrong though, people catch em during the day too.

vicioustattoo
08-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I really think I went at the wrong time. I went 11am to 4pm, and it was REALLY Hot! So I think that might've been a factor.

mjc89
09-01-2011, 12:10 AM
sorry bout the skunk. i have been skunk there a few times. u just have to know the spots where they bite. there is 1 spot in the big lake where u will almost always catch them. sum dudes we know always kill um in that spot. u need a rod that casts a mile if u know wut i mean. a boat would also get u out there. u just got to work ur way around the lake. u might find that special spot.

catfish 17
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I really think I went at the wrong time. I went 11am to 4pm, and it was REALLY Hot! So I think that might've been a factor.

There u go, that explains it. As soon as the heat starts, the bite dies down BIG TIME!. I never fish corona in the morning, unless I'm doing the 24 hours. Haven't been skunked in a while.

WOODWARD7
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
try fresh mackeral and sarl is a pretty ****** lake i know many people that get skunked there. they dont stock as much as they say they do. ur better off renting a boat at irvine the rentals are way better and on thurs fri sat u can fish from 6am to 12am. the cats are biting big time right now i suggest u try there.

catfish 17
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Idk y people say that corona lake and sarl don't stock as many fish as they say, if the videos r there lol... Any more proof??? I don't see the vine uploading videos every week how sarl and corona does.

fish-o-haulic
09-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Idk y people say that corona lake and sarl don't stock as many fish as they say, if the videos r there lol... Any more proof??? I don't see the vine uploading videos every week how sarl and corona does.

Honestly sarl corona and irvine are great catfish lakes, i dont generally down either one purposely at least. But i hear of more skunks at corona LOL just saying hahaha.

mjc89
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Honestly sarl corona and irvine are great catfish lakes, i dont generally down either one purposely at least. But i hear of more skunks at corona LOL just saying hahaha.

yup. i know guys that have caught over 100 cats @ sarl from shore doing a 24hr sesh. but usually they average 50-60 cats.

catfish 17
09-01-2011, 09:01 PM

yeah man corona is a harder lake to fish, if u don't know how to fish, u will get skunked. Sarl is a bit easier because u can catch fish from shore, and a lot. Corona is a different story, if ur not on a boat, u have way less chances to get at the fish.

mjc89
09-01-2011, 10:03 PM
it is not easier to catch fish at sarl. u just have to know the spots. corona is the same. my friend and his dad went last week to do a 24hr sesh and they caught around 60 cats. they released the smaller ones and kept 30 of the bigger ones. 3 of them pushin 13lbs. they left at 2:30am. u just have to know the spots where they bite.

Trout Doctor
09-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I've only recently started fishing again and only have about 2 years experience on SARL, but I have NEVER seen a lake so dependent on just a few spots. There is next to no structure whatsoever in that watered down ditch. If you don't know the 5 or so spots that DO produce, you're going home empty. That said, I love that darn lake, if only for the flexible hours it lets me fish. Keep at it and you'll figure it out eventually.

fish-o-haulic
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I've only recently started fishing again and only have about 2 years experience on SARL, but I have NEVER seen a lake so dependent on just a few spots. There is next to no structure whatsoever in that watered down ditch. If you don't know the 5 or so spots that DO produce, you're going home empty. That said, I love that darn lake, if only for the flexible hours it lets me fish. Keep at it and you'll figure it out eventually.

Ya pretty much how it is, i know several lakes like that only about 5 good spots but and its the same spots too, but the spots just get taken to quickly.

CASTAWAY
09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
i gotta give SARL a try... maybe a 24hr session.:Cool:

Totempole
09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't fish sarl a lot, but like totempole said, the fish are in there, and lot's of em. It's weird that u didn't even get a single bite. Maybe ur setup was wrong? I like night fishing better, and as everyone knows, cats bite at night better. Don't get me wrong though, people catch em during the day too.

i always go to sarl 6-4, and i always get bites every hour especially in the morning. i tried their night fishing and the bites are great as they are in the morning. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. i am currently researching on saltwater for calico and im almost confident i can catch at least one :Cool:. a boat is always a plus cause u can go to places shore fishing cannot. but for starters fish at the boat docks, or chris's pond all corners.

Totempole
09-03-2011, 02:51 PM
try fresh mackeral and sarl is a pretty ****** lake i know many people that get skunked there. they dont stock as much as they say they do. ur better off renting a boat at irvine the rentals are way better and on thurs fri sat u can fish from 6am to 12am. the cats are biting big time right now i suggest u try there.

yes use fresh macks not the frozen ones cause 1 they flake to fast n im thinking the cats know whats fresh n not. and no they stock these lakes well. come one twice a week. i can vouch for them saying i have seen the trucks and see them stock all 3 lakes for sarl n stock corona wellllll. Irvine is great but watch out for the jackasses that speed on the lake. u dont want to get hit by those idiots...:!!!:

smokehound
09-06-2011, 01:05 AM
In sunny warm weather, channels will be hiding in shade, or in deeper water.