PDA

View Full Version : Eldo update 8-31

BUSTER124
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Hit Eldo this morning with my son. I caught this nice 2 1/2-3 pounder at the middle lake near the pump station on a Sexy Shad shallow crank. Went to the other lake in area 3. Saw several chasing bait and jumping in the toolies but could get anything to work. Used everything I had. Even lost my favorite frog in the toolies. My son caught about 50 blue gill. All caught and released. PS... my son is holding the fish. He can't work a camera phone yet.

white belt
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey BUSTER great job! Are you able to fish all 4 lakes? Are there fish in those little streams that connect them? I'm looking on google earth and was just wondering.

BUSTER124
08-31-2011, 02:53 PM
They say there are fish in the "Horseshoe" lake. I have only seen cats,bluegill and small crappie caught there. I have seen some LMB in the streams but there are no fishing signs posted around them. They are very shallow. Couldn't get to the far north/west corner of the north lake. My boy was to busy slaying blue gill in the shallows of the south side across from the pedal boat rental. Saw at least 5-6 big LMB jumpin' and chasing bait fish. I heard they stocked with cats a few days ago. Some old timer said that when they stock the cats, LBM's get a bit skiddish and slow down for a while. ??? We should hook up one day and hit SFD or Eldo. I am off for the next two weeks and the kids go back to school on wednesday.. STOKED!!

white belt
08-31-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm actually starting my 5 day weekend today and i plan on fishing everyday. Santa fe tonight, big bear tmrw. Im free friday if you wanna meet up and fish... Legg? Maybe we can get vortec in on this and do a little duct fishing before hopping over to legg? Does that sound good or would you rather fish sfd or eldo? Im cool with either!

white belt
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Skunked @ santa fe haha

BUSTER124
08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
going to hit eldo again tomorrow with the kids. Let you know how it goes.. Sorry you got skunked. It happens to everyone.

Cartman
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Hit Eldo this morning with my son. I caught this nice 2 1/2-3 pounder at the middle lake near the pump station on a Sexy Shad shallow crank. Went to the other lake in area 3. Saw several chasing bait and jumping in the toolies but could get anything to work. Used everything I had. Even lost my favorite frog in the toolies. My son caught about 50 blue gill. All caught and released. PS... my son is holding the fish. He can't work a camera phone yet.

50 blue gill!!! Good day's fishing for Bo.