PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays 8/27 Evening Roll em...or Troll em

Fishthewhaler
08-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Should I sit at home and listen to my ladys crap, nope, out of the house at 310pm on the water by 4. I didn't have anything ready, Set up some quick parachute rigs and started trolling towards elizabeth in hopes of some boils. Got both rods set up and waited, covered some nice humps and waited...looking good..
I an idea that i might be going too fast, as soon as I backed off the throttle starboard rod went off..nice head shake, realized the net was still tied down so I flipped the eotch into the boat...Skunk off
Did a U turn heading back to my zone, Got that rod back in the water...put in in the holder and SLAM...AVET is screaming...Net is still tied down from the ride over. I realize I have a nice double on, so I just straight wind em, grab both rigs, and fling em over the low-profile railings of the trusty Whaler. They both stayed on..three fish flopping under the sun in about 3 mins...Then my action was over. No more troll fish, no sight of boils, nada. Called it a day at 7pm with 3 fish about 4 lbs ea. Surprised I was able to troll with no mishaps, there were alot of close calls out there.
Weekends suck,might try a weekday A.M if I could get my schedule at work straight. Definately Friday with Ralph
FTW over and out

TroutOnly
08-31-2011, 07:18 AM
ITS STARTING TO REALLY WAKE UP FTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,

Fishthewhaler
08-31-2011, 10:22 AM
ITS STARTING TO REALLY WAKE UP FTW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,

after the holiday, I am gonna turn up the heat on these stripers...I just cant get my schedule straight, and I want to go smash some of these BFT that are biting. Better odds of hitings boils durung the week
FTW

SDDave
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Nice recon non the less, I got to pick you guys brains one of these days on those umbrella rigs, I've pulled what's left of them out of the mud on the last couple of years, one of these days I'll have to rig one up.
The lake is coming alive forsure forsure....
Some of these early boils have been right on the shore lines, find the bait and wait and see if the fish blow up on the bait!
Had that happen for me on Monday, pulled a nice striper out of the boil then went in a dipped a load of nice size shad and used those to wreck the bass till the end, watched has the guys chasing boils ran back and fouth across the lake, never saw any fish boil, don't mean they didn't!

trail blazer
08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEE,,,,,,,,,,,Im there tomarrow myself with MIKESOCEAN taking cutbaits place,,,,,,,,,,FINALLY il have someone in the boat who knows how to fish,,LOL.

see youall thurs!

TRAIL BLAZER