PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 8/24

DonSh
08-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Sorry for the late report, took my 12yo son a friends 12yo and my work mate to the lake on Wednesday.

We stayed at Los Alamos to get an early start.

Well before 7 found a cove and parked it in on half way out on the main lake. Havent been to the lake before....

Had one good bendo handed it to my son and he lost it...

Latter around 7 he caught a nice little Catfish off the Anchovies we were fishing with.

Nothing else before lunch...

Coming in around 4pm I let the anchovies turn to soup so we were coming in, I took the new KPN lure off the line upset we missed seeing boils... What a Mistake. Shows how green I am at it now. :(

Accidently went up the Piru arm, saw some jetskis and the sheriff going the opposite way. Then BAMM a boil right in front of us. Parked the boat and had to put that Lure on in seconds....
Cast it at the second boil about 100ft away... fell short but wham something grabbed it then it was gone.

Cast a while longer but noticed it coming back funny, took a look and I had left the safety on!!! There are pieces of screen spline on the barbs. I had grabbed a 2nd lure by accident one I had not removed the splines. 2nd huge noob mistake of the day.

Waited around for a while looking more but the boys were burnt and nothing new showed up.

fish-o-haulic
08-30-2011, 08:51 PM
at least no skunk, did you fish the channel, theres always fish to be had in there mainly stripers and cats.

DonSh
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Added the photo, no I guess we didn't fish the channel. Need more experience with the Castaic and Pyramid.

Was happy the lure worked so well. Looking forward to the next boil we come across, will keep a couple poles ready at all times...