PDA

View Full Version : A Chat With the Champ

striperkingclassic1
08-30-2011, 12:29 AM
This is the 2011 Striper King Classic Champion, Mr. Gary Wiederspan of Riverside. His 16.17 monster wins him a cool $1000.00! I had the chance to talk about the tournament with him today. Here's Gary's a little of our conversation:

Gary was very well prepared for the SKC. Gary went back in time, "I've been working on my trolling for the past 15 years. I'd like to keep it to myself, but the big fish that I caught was on a white fly". Gary trolls with leadcore line. For his winning striper, he was trolling in the 45-60' range by the East Dam.

When asked if he knew the striper was a monster, Gary said, "I knew it was a big fish from experience. It peeled off 30 yards of line like that!". Gary had a pretty good day going with 4 other fish that weighed in at approximately 40lbs.

Gary also mentioned that he really enjoyed the SKC Super Raffle. "I've never seen so many raffle prizes, not even the Havasu striper tournament could compare". He said that there were a lot of "happy people out there" when talking about the Super Raffle. We had some tremendous sponsors this year and we appreciated every raffle prize that they gave us.

Diamond Valley Lake has become Gary's home lake. And he's looking forward to the next striper event. Now, he's got to defend his Championship..........

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/DVL_SmackDown/Striper%20King%20Classic/IMG_2066.jpg

yolo
08-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Nice report and fish.

seal
08-30-2011, 07:38 AM
On a fly, excellent!

diamondbear
08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Job well done , Nice fish.

GdHkSet1
08-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Db- missed you out there man!