PDA

View Full Version : jenks 8/28

Frequent Flyer
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
hit up the lake in the tube and ended up with 37 trout c and r except for 5 (gut hooked so i gave away too some cool tubers). steady action throughout the whole day with most hitting on the sink and slow trolled. orange, red and white wer the only colors i tried and they did well (powerworms and nymphs).

had 4 double hook-ups and then put the second rod away. thunder storms came out around 11 or so as did the rain which made me have lunch and then get back out.

beautiful lake but no fish...saw 5 other tubers and they did as well, also if the tuber who fly fishes mountain lakes is on here thanks for the company and had a great time...shore guys werent doin so well but wasnt relly paying attention to them

sorry no pics, nxt time

etaggart
08-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey FF,

Thanks for the report! Were you the younger guy I talked to when I was getting out of the water and asked about parking cost and launch cost? In either case, glad you slayed!

Sounds like more tubers showed up in the later morning/afternoon. Did it seem crowded, or was it OK?

Not sure when/if I'll be able to get to that stinking, fishless mudhole again any time soon, but if you tube Big Bear any weekends, let me know and we'll see if our paths cross.

Cheers,

Eric

Frequent Flyer
08-30-2011, 05:38 PM
yes that was me...nice meeting you...when they showed up it was ok because they wer cool and gave space. yea if i ever tube big bear ill let you know thanks
-david