PDA

View Full Version : Friday 8/26/11 1st Time fishing Castaic... Rain Flury, Wide open Boils and 106 temps!

El Pescadero
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
First off got to say thanks to all who have posted on here... Great reports are the reason my buddy and I pulled his boat from Casitas and decided to hit Pyramid 2 weeks back ( first time there also, wide open all day long, double limits and great times) and then to Castaic on Friday... With the Damn Quarantine at Casitas, it's really gotta be good somewhere else to pull boat from there as we can't be off the lake for no 30 days!! Action Junkies... I been fishing since I cam remember , my Gramps wrapped rods and fished everything, luckily he passed it down, a lot worse addictions to have.

Anyway enough about me... Lol

Got on the lake first thing in the am... Headed to unknown location up the fishing arm, I say let's stop and throw sum topwater at this point and we will look around for boils, there 3 minutes and see fish going nuts 100 yards away in cove, headed in at same time as another boat was coming in (cool guy and super friendly) I pulled one of the bank immediately on a 3" swimbait with darter head( that's all I fish when Lmb are on the boil and it's my new go to with Stripers, had easily 30 fish at Pyramid) it was a decent fish, got us off the skunk first thing in AM... Was the only fish caught off those boils, they wouldn't stay up long and were super isolated bursts. We decided to run around and explore the lake, we went everywhere and didn't see any action, a fee boats chasen birds up by Dam but nothing we wanted to stay around for. Headed back to fish arm and ran into a good size boil, I got one on the slide and thought it was a little bigger than it was... Yelled at my buddy to get the net... Lol... Like a gd friend he did and then like a gd friend proceeded to bust my balls when we saw the fish... Good fish but easily bouncable with my 10lb test... Fish went down never resurfaced, I felt terrible that I might have cost my buddy a chance at a fish by asking for net... Heading back to fish arm it starts raining on us, was a heavenly treat... Headed into same cove as we got the morning fish... They were there but not staying up for more than a few seconds and Murphy was definitly on board ... It's 12:30 getting real hot so we decided to take one more cruise and see if boiling before calling it quits and making the hour plus drive home... Drove up ski arm and past Kong island we ran into a giant blow up, we both got fish and for the next 2 hours got double after double it was epic... They were staying up for 15-30 seconds giving us plenty of time to spot, roost and cast... Had a boat drive right threw the boil and the guy yells sorry as he's casting back into boil, poor guys were prett clueless, they followed us for about 30 minutes and would proceed to drive right into middle of boil everytime ( only my second time fishing stripers on boil but have fished Lmb's in SD on the shad for years and know the rules) it was actually pretty funny, they got one to our 10 or so and the only one they got they kept driving while guy was fighting it, he was yelling for them to stop, reminded me of trolling trout with a bunch of lines out and a deenk on one... Finally they give up and we get it to our selves for another hour till we were dying of heat, outa water and had 15 in live well... All in all a great first time there... Got to experience it all including the elusive Lake Lice I have heard so much about... Lol... Thanks again to all who contribute to this site as it was very invaluable info for my first time at Castaic!!325953259332594

El Pescadero
08-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Pics didn't load?? I'll try again ... Duhh... Stupid newbie

trail blazer
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
great report,,THANKS

TRAIL BLAZER

fish-o-haulic
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
great report cant miss this boiling season, probably head up saturday to make up for not going last saturday.

fish-o-haulic
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
hate to thread jack but how much are rentals at castaic.

MikesOcean
08-29-2011, 07:34 PM
hate to thread jack but how much are rentals at castaic.

Just a phone call away...

661-775-6232.

El Pescadero
08-29-2011, 08:11 PM
great report cant miss this boiling season, probably head up saturday to make up for not going last saturday.

Glad u enjoyed, yes get yours while u can!

fish-o-haulic
08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Just a phone call away...

661-775-6232.

thanks for the number man thinking about it i think its on there site, duh. I feel dumb anyway suppose you wouldnt know off the top of your head would ya :Big Grin:

El Pescadero
08-30-2011, 04:58 PM

There Belly's were stuffed with Shad...little piggy's!

661fishingfool
08-30-2011, 05:51 PM
The boats are 80-90 a day for 8hrs. just be careful my buddy and I got one a week or so ago and his stupid *** almost flipped us up side down. He leaned to far to one way and the motor was out of the water and water was pouring in on one side. Ha wish I had a go cam so I could have put it on YouTube. Funny stuff.

fshngirlscv
08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I am going to go fishing tommorow for my bday with my brother and was interested to know if Castaic or Pyramid Lake was better fishing? We are new to the area and would like some great feedback. Thanks, Carly

TroutOnly
08-30-2011, 08:35 PM
THE LAKE LICE ONLY SHOW ON THE WEEKENDS NOW,,,,,,TIME TO KILL STRIPERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,

El Pescadero
08-31-2011, 07:18 AM
I am going to go fishing tommorow for my bday with my brother and was interested to know if Castaic or Pyramid Lake was better fishing? We are new to the area and would like some great feedback. Thanks, Carly

Happy b day... I hope u wack um today, I'd say castaic right now. Good luck

fshngirlscv
08-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Thank you. Ended up going to Pyramid and had a great time. I will have to try Castaic next time. Fished a striped and largemouth bass. Great fun!

El Pescadero
09-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Thank you. Ended up going to Pyramid and had a great time. I will have to try Castaic next time. Fished a striped and largemouth bass. Great fun!

Good times... Glad to hear you got sum Bday Action ;-) how did ur bro do? Any fish for him? From shore or boat? What were u using? Once again congrats, nothing better than fishing on ur Bday !