PDA

View Full Version : CDM 8/12

4g63power
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
hey guys..fished CDM with 2 of my friends yesterday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm..was planning on fishing the beach side but it was way too crowded with swimmers and etc..so walked to the jetty and saw the water was clear and baitfish were thick..after walking and looking around for few mins.we found this spot and started throwing out krocs and BAM!small bonito...gave it to this grandpa with his grandkids..after they left..we started casting out again and another hook up..a school would come by every 5 to 10 mins and steady hook ups for next hour or so...sometimes we would have double hook ups..we ended up with 14 and farmed a few..gave em away to bucket fillers and went down to the beach side..threw LC and krocs till it got dark for nada...had fun out there with friends.lots of jokes.. laughs and hook ups and no skunk :wink:

smokehound
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
hey guys..fished CDM with 2 of my friends yesterday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm..was planning on fishing the beach side but it was way too crowded with swimmers and etc..so walked to the jetty and saw the water was clear and baitfish were thick..after walking and looking around for few mins.we found this spot and started throwing out krocs and BAM!small bonito...gave it to this grandpa with his grandkids..after they left..we started casting out again and another hook up..a school would come by every 5 to 10 mins and steady hook ups for next hour or so...sometimes we would have double hook ups..we ended up with 14 and farmed a few..gave em away to bucket fillers and went down to the beach side..threw LC and krocs till it got dark for nada...had fun out there with friends.lots of jokes.. laughs and hook ups and no skunk :wink:awesome.. perfect limit too! Way to go!

BBL2Baja
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Impressive! Nice job on the bonies!!! :thumb:

Later,
Scott

pipelayer5150
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
nice job on the bones and having a good day with your boys!!!!

HarbourAnglr
08-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Well done on the boneheads 4g. Excellent report! :D

NoFriends
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Good sized bones....Hopefully they will be biting at Balboa Pier this week!

Thanks for the report

Sinjin Kim
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Nice job on the bonito. Most people think the limit is 10 bonito per day/person, but everyone should know that the limit is:
Bag limit 10 fish,
only 5 of which can be under 24" (fork length or under 5#).

Most bonito caught from shore are under 5#, so the limit should be 5.

SOSO
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Nice job on the bonito. Most people think the limit is 10 bonito per day/person, but everyone should know that the limit is:
Bag limit 10 fish,
only 5 of which can be under 24" (fork length or under 5#).

Most bonito caught from shore are under 5#, so the limit should be 5.

That's correct, 5 is the limit....

SOSO
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh and thanks for the report. Have you tried fishing with Fly's? Nothing more exciting than fishing with Fly's for Bonito.

shy_boxer
08-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Nice photo and I like you set up! Impressive catch! Thanks for sharing!

s_b

Sinjin Kim
08-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh and thanks for the report. Have you tried fishing with Fly's? Nothing more exciting than fishing with Fly's for Bonito.

It's called a "splasher rig." Some people call it " Cast-A-Bubble Fly" but that is too long for me to say, lol.

SOSO
08-14-2007, 12:02 AM

It's called a "splasher rig." Some people call it " Cast-A-Bubble Fly" but that is too long for me to say, lol.

Thats the Textbook way to go. But i have ventured off and tried other things with the fly. I tie on several large bonito flies on a super long leader with a 1 ounce Torpedo on the bottom. Cast far as you can and retrieve. When you hook up on a Bonito, freespool it. Let the Bonito go back to the heard. The others will hook up on the other flies. I call it the Improved Sabiki rig. You can also C-rig with several flies or one. Or split shot. Tried them all and worked. When the bite is on the bubble is not needed. Fly fisherman dont use any weights or sound, and they catch on the surf and Jetty. But i have yet to try what you told me. Filling the bubble with BB's for extra sound. Imitating a school of bait fish. [/i]

Wingnut
08-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Nice Bonnies! Must have been a blast catching them. :thumb:

City Dad
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Nice fish! Where/what is CDM?

one_leg
08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice fish! Where/what is CDM?

Corona Del Mar

O_L

Fisher-of-Men
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice catch :!:

You would do well at the Tourney at Lake Irvine with those. I hear the Kitties go crazy over some fresh Bonito.

Fisher-of-Men

one_leg
08-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Nice catch :!:

You would do well at the Tourney at Lake Irvine with those. I hear the Kitties go crazy over some fresh Bonito.

Fisher-of-Men

If Trolly doesn't eat them first! :roll:

One_Leg

smokehound
08-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh wow, i had the limit backwards..