PDA

View Full Version : found a lowrider rod matched with abu Garcia revo reel IN THE LAKE

kotton909
08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
well oday i hit up dvl with my boy's mestre909 and tommy fishing was preety good well between us we caught 15 bass but anyways we headed over to a steeeeeeep drop off bye the saddle dam looking in the water i saw a rod and reel combo so i dropped my lure and hook down and pulled up a 6'6 falcon lowrider rod and a abu revo reel :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Envious:: Envious::Envious::Envious: wow what a come up

dixoncider
08-28-2011, 05:05 PM
score.....

old pudd fisher
08-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Was it still in good condition ? Dang that beats the 20 bucks I found at Fairmont, Nice !!

kotton909
08-28-2011, 05:57 PM
lol yea there in decent shape

Matt_Magnone
08-28-2011, 08:04 PM
awesome find but what a bummer for the guy who lost it.

old pudd fisher
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
awesome find but what a bummer for the guy who lost it.

Yeah I felt the same way when I found that 20 bucks at Fairmount.

Mestre909
08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Duh, WINNING!

Hog Caller
08-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Are you bragging about the find on a fish report spot or actually trying to find the the owner who was obviously bummed when he lost it?

Brent

JigStop
08-30-2011, 09:13 AM
I would say that he appears to be clearing his conscious by making his find visible here. I think it is a nice gesture and the effort is to be applauded.

ddoskocil
08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
My son dropped his 3' spiderman pole 4 years ago at the 2nd stairs of the East damn, probably in about 150' now. Anyone find it? (I have to laugh a little, I once dropped my calico rod reel combo in the bay, but I dove in and grabbed it!)

HawgStalker
08-30-2011, 10:23 AM
If I ever drop a high end combo in the lake and its shallow enough for me to dive down and get it, Im going after it and I dont give a F@#$ who sees me do it! BTW... that would be about 6' being a former smoker and recovering addict an all! Lol

kotton909
08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Lmao(._.) I just cleaned it up........ it had a thick calcium build up everywere

fishslayer22
09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
hey buddy,i dropped my baby in the drink 8 weeks ago,is it still in good condition,if you are willing to taks a reward i know i can identify it serial numbers on the revo spinning reel....finders keepers or what? 909.938.2210 darin

fish-o-haulic
09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
hey buddy,i dropped my baby in the drink 8 weeks ago,is it still in good condition,if you are willing to taks a reward i know i can identify it serial numbers on the revo spinning reel....finders keepers or what? 909.938.2210 darin

Oh the irony

kotton909
09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Why didn't you get it ?? As shallow as it was

fishslayer22
09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
water stained at the time and i want to fish DVL for years to come!

HawgZWylde
09-04-2011, 09:03 AM
water stained at the time and i want to fish DVL for years to come!

I'll vouch for that. There was a lot of algae in the water 8-9 weeks ago. It cleared up so much lately I'd swear they blue stoned the lake.

If the guy can prove it's his rod, giving it back is the right thing to do...

HawgStalker
09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I agree...

kotton, if its his you should call him and return it!

Karma can be a good thing or a bad thing, depends on what you choose to do...

fishslayer22
09-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the support,that day killed me.i wanted to dive for it but my partner said it might get me booted from the lake.i just got a boat and cant do that......love dvl.hopefully this gentleman gives me a chance to prove it,i will make it worth his while.he sounds like he is gonna give me a shot at getting it back.cool dude

Stormcrow
09-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Im very interested to see how this turns out....

old pudd fisher
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Im very interested to see how this turns out....

Me too....

HawgZWylde
09-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the support,that day killed me.i wanted to dive for it but my partner said it might get me booted from the lake.i just got a boat and cant do that......love dvl.hopefully this gentleman gives me a chance to prove it,i will make it worth his while.he sounds like he is gonna give me a shot at getting it back.cool dude

Your partner is correct. Not only do you get booted from the lake, they add a pretty substantial fine too boot. I know how it is, last fall, on a cast, I snagged and flipped a BPS extreme combo off the deck into the lake in about 20ft of water by the marina about 40ft off the bank. I only had it for 2 weeks. I tried for weeks stopping by that spot and snagging it, even getting huge treble hooks and dragging them around. Visibility was about 10ft so sighting was just out of reach. Now, if someone didn't find it, it sits in about 40-60ft of water.

Hope ya get it back...

bigheadted22
09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks i appreciate that,i might have trouble proving it being i cant find serial numbers on the reel itself,i will call Matt or Megan at Last Chance to see if i can prove it with the box and receipt.The drama continues....call me cotton,lets talk bout it. Darin.....does anyone know if there is serial numbers on the reel itself ?

diamondbear
09-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope it turns out for you guys , as I found a very unique camo hat in the water floating sat. and turned it into the marina store .

TopwaterTony
09-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Your partner is correct. Not only do you get booted from the lake, they add a pretty substantial fine too boot. I know how it is, last fall, on a cast, I snagged and flipped a BPS extreme combo off the deck into the lake in about 20ft of water by the marina about 40ft off the bank. I only had it for 2 weeks. I tried for weeks stopping by that spot and snagging it, even getting huge treble hooks and dragging them around. Visibility was about 10ft so sighting was just out of reach. Now, if someone didn't find it, it sits in about 40-60ft of water.

Hope ya get it back...

One day I saw this ... at first glance I saw clothes on the bank. Then not one, but two heads popping out of the water. Upon exit both individuals were butt naked in the water. My eyes aren't that great so I couldn't have coped a shot of the chicks chest if I wanted to. But I was in awe none the less.

Another day I saw 2 rental boats full of teens, both were roped together, and they were NOT fishing and just partying on the water, swimming and what not. Like I said I didn't see a rod on either boat, so it begs the question to why they would rent them a boat in the first place?

kotton909
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
returning the pole on Sunday its the right thing to do

HawgZWylde
09-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Very cool. Honesty and kindness always pays off. Kudos to you kotton...

HawgZWylde
09-07-2011, 09:24 PM
One day I saw this ... at first glance I saw clothes on the bank. Then not one, but two heads popping out of the water. Upon exit both individuals were butt naked in the water. My eyes aren't that great so I couldn't have coped a shot of the chicks chest if I wanted to. But I was in awe none the less.

Another day I saw 2 rental boats full of teens, both were roped together, and they were NOT fishing and just partying on the water, swimming and what not. Like I said I didn't see a rod on either boat, so it begs the question to why they would rent them a boat in the first place?

Lol, there's two things that convinced me to carry binoculars on board the rig. One, the story Mike Iaconelli tells about the day he was pre fishing about 20 or so yards from the bank that had a flat grassy top. Two HOT chicks with a camera man walked up, the ladies spread a blanket out, disrobed, and proceeded to do a "scene" right there on the spot with camera rolling. I can just see his reaction:OMG!:

The second was a day my buddy and I were bouncing flukes and senkos off the wall in the rock quarry. It was right after the lake reopened to private launch, so if you went into the quarry, we were to the left in the late afternoon shade, and there were a couple of small coves to the right where a pontoon pulled in. They anchored, disrobed, and preceded to dive in and skinny dip for an hour, buck arse naked. 3 hot college age chicks and one very lucky dude. I bought them the next day. And of course, there's always those days on the river...

As for renting boats, I suppose anyone can rent, fishing or not. But if Kyle, Melissa, or any other DFG warden or ranger sees you, you're busted if you're in the water...

fish-o-haulic
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I saw some retards in the water at castaic on labor day, it was funny when the sheriffs or whatever rolled up on em and rudely told them to get out. I guess it was mean to call them retards but the fishing was hard enough as is and to make matter worse they werent hot chicks they were teenage white and mexican kids. Not trying to start racist crap or whatever just sayin.

HawgStalker
09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
kotton... well done bro! Thats the right call...

HW... Dude, you are killing me! Thats awesome tho, LUCKY!!!

bchbum54
09-08-2011, 12:25 PM
What bout this one?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_Revo_Premier_Spinning_Reel/descpage-AGRPS.html

HawgZWylde
09-08-2011, 01:46 PM
What bout this one?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_Revo_Premier_Spinning_Reel/descpage-AGRPS.html

A very sweet reel...

kotton909
09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
REVO is NOT a spinning reel.

isnt that what the internet is for to search for things before you post and not make yourself look stupid?

LBSea
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
isnt that what the internet is for to search for things before you post and not make yourself look stupid?

I stand corrected and you could never make me feel stupid. Nice try. I would feel stupid about dumping a $300.00+ combo over the rail though.