PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Pier derby 8/27/11

manuel149
08-28-2011, 12:35 PM
32572Hello to all, wow what a day it was so hot out there and huge turn out.
Got to pier @ 7 poles i water by 7:30 in about ten minutes we notice a small twitch and my 5 y/o daughter starts to bring it up and pole goes bendo. I look over and its a sting ray. She takes it to the scales in a bucket with mom (carefull with the stinger) its a 1.8LBS.
After they camee back 2 mackerels landed within the next 1/2 hour. Well that was enough to take home the 1st place trophy and a pole/tackle box. She made the the statement on her shirt true " I may be a girl but i fish better than a boy"
Well before we went home gave her some time to cool of in the beach very well deserved.

Now i will take a moment to thank the United Anglers of Southern California for this event.

sidified
08-28-2011, 01:07 PM
What a great day and way to bond with your little girl.. and have her bond with the great sport of angling!
Here's hoping your experience will inspire others to spend more time fishing with their kids...:Applause:
It's also a great way for we dad's to learn what I've always needed to practice...patience! :Cool:

smokehound
08-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Alright! Way to go!

boxl0bster
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
awesome! i think your little girl will probably ask you to take her fishing more often now!:Cool:

TUNAVIC
08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Great Dad,congrats on the prizes!