PDA

View Full Version : Gvl -27

phishin phool
08-27-2011, 06:19 PM
(8-27) I had to go up to GVL to work on a friends cabin and decided to give my old favorite summer fishing hole a try for a few hours before I had to get busy. My previous trips earlier this summer were pretty disappointing:Crying: so I have been fishing elsewhere, but today reminded me why this was/is such an awesome place. I fished from 6:45 to 9:45 from a boat ending up catching 9.:Surprised: Releasing the lip hooked ones and keeping 5 for dinner. Largest were a couple going around 2#. Except for 2 dinks all fish were really nice. I used orange and red powerworms for 8 and caught the biggest on a orange lip ripperz jig. From what I saw the fishing was pretty good all over especially the point across from boathouse(always good there) they were doin really good there and I saw a few big uns landed, probably around 3-5lbs. Looks like its gonna be good till end of the season up there, there are alot of fish in the lake right now. Later.:Beer Toast:32568

Kelster
08-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice catch there. I've been having to much fun at Perris to get back up to the mountain lakes.

Bebop
08-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Good Job. I was there today also but fished from shore. I used red power worms dead sticking it and caught about 35 dings and 4 nice ones and my friend caught as much but he had 5 fish that were 3lbs to 5 lbs. remember next week is the last stocking at GVL its going to be a double stocking.

Trout Daddy
08-27-2011, 10:59 PM
GVL has been epic all year long if u are in the right spot using the right baits. Drews Customs Pro Staff put a hurting on this lake all summer. There is still a ton of fish in there and with the huge stocking next weekend the place is going to explode. This is not a bait n wait lake. If u plan on doing that your odds have been decreased.

phishin phool
08-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Kel: Thanks bro, i have seen your posts and am stoked you've been killin it at Perris. We gotta fish together again soon bud.
Bebop: you killed it out there! you did better than anyone else I saw, congrats on the slayage. Good ol red, that is definately the ticket at GV.
TD: I dont know about "epic", but like you said right place, right time, does make a difference, fosho! I've fished up there pretty consistantly the past 8 years and this year seems to have been the worst, at least early on. But I'm talking bout average fish size and consistancy. It defifnately has had its days but IMO dosent seem the same. I remember 4-5 years ago shore fishing near the dam and seeing fish being caught like crazy, actually all over the lake. Now it seems like the point is the only place to consistantly catch fish(from shore), or from a boat. This last weekend seemed to be like the ol days. There is ALOT of fish in there now and next weekend is going to be killer........and a zoo! But I think I just might have to go to the zoo. Later.

Trout Daddy
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Remember they dredged the lake from the swim beach to the docks this year. That is why the fish are in the shallows. Fish size has been off but I've been there twice when they stocked and Jess Ranch is putting in good size fish. There were slot of fish in there before the lake opened. I can't figure out why the fish are only biting on worms and jigs. The good thing is if you can get there during the week u get the place Pretty much to yourself and for me 25+ fish days from 9-1 are "epic". I'll be up there again tomorrow!!!

phishin phool
08-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Yup, your right about the dredging, I forgot about that and makes sense since its deeper. And it definately sounds like it been epic for you TD. You got GVL wired, fosho!
Remember they dredged the lake from the swim beach to the docks this year. That is why the fish are in the shallows. Fish size has been off but I've been there twice when they stocked and Jess Ranch is putting in good size fish. There were slot of fish in there before the lake opened. I can't figure out why the fish are only biting on worms and jigs. The good thing is if you can get there during the week u get the place Pretty much to yourself and for me 25+ fish days from 9-1 are "epic". I'll be up there again tomorrow!!!