PDA

View Full Version : Friday Aug 26th Lagoon

Coefficient13
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Hit the goon after work today. Rocks by the boat launch parking lot entry.

Got some annoying nibble action on my Carolina rig but stuck with it. Hooked up big and it refused to come in. Kept making runs and eventually tied itself up in a bush :Bawling:

Walked to the right and gave it a tug, nothing. Walked to the left and gave it a tug, nothing. Couldn't tug any harder, Berkeley vanish 6lb test is nice and limp but frays and I don't trust it to be 6lbs at all. Couldn't feel the fish moving anymore. Decided to let it loose and count to three and take back up slack.

Think I cheated and reeled in at two.

Fish on.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=32557&d=1314427499

Felt like he'd eaten a change purse.

I hooked up again a bit later and the jerk jumped and spat the hook at me. Movie style. I think I was a bit off with my approach since the first one tied himself up. Pretty fail.

I went to get an iced coffee and came back to start working my topwaters. I slowed it down after speeding it up and got followed up twice before some cops came crazy early to send us on our way.

I'm running 8lb flouroclear to a 6lb Berkeley vanish leader Carolina rig 3/8 ounce. I think the difference that has been helping me out a bit is how limp the Berkeley Vanish is compared to some other stuff I've used. Get better bait movement I think.

I don't think I can stay away from the lake this weekend. Probably be back tomorrow.

SDDave
08-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Your hooked!!! Nice job, the Lagoon is a awesome fishery, please treat it well and your'll be rewarded.

kaneo
08-27-2011, 07:28 AM
why are you lipping that bass with a bandana ? he wont bite you.. lol..

Dr. MindBendo
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM

Skerred! lol

Coefficient13
08-27-2011, 08:35 AM

Turned into a habit when I was putting them in my lap in the kayak with treble hooks and such. Not for the mouth but when I held them at their side they'd be a little too able to get loose with all I had going on in there and I don't need a hook in my crotch. another kayaker that did it suggested it, dunno why I do it on land, though cept made a habit. I'll probably find a better solution for the Yak and use nothing on land or real boat.

Think I saw a show where the yaker had on a glove, and seen the gloves on other videos.

GotBass?
08-27-2011, 08:38 AM
The best reward at the end of a great slay is BASS THUMB. Well, that and an ice cold beer. Goon has been steady the last week or so keep up the slay!

SDDave
08-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Turned into a habit when I was putting them in my lap in the kayak with treble hooks and such. Not for the mouth but when I held them at their side they'd be a little too able to get loose with all I had going on in there and I don't need a hook in my crotch. another kayaker that did it suggested it, dunno why I do it on land, though cept made a habit. I'll probably find a better solution for the Yak and use nothing on land or real boat.
Think I saw a show where the yaker had on a glove, and seen the gloves on other videos.

Looks like a good system, better than laying it in the dirt like some I've seen... you don't want a case of bass thumb, look at mine...http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/sddave50/9eb05dd1.jpg

Coefficient13
08-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm at no risk of that at the rate I'm catching fish.

I did manage to pull out one reasonable one today, though.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=32571&d=1314512199

Same setup as before but 8lb leader.

Shortly afterward I could not focus well enough to do a good finesse job and chucked around some other junk. It was hot beyond reason, shouldn't do that two days in a row.

Chatted with some swell folks. Was entertained by animals huddling in the sparse shade. Both them, and the people who made their short visits, wiser than me.

Might be back tomorrow anyways.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm at no risk of that at the rate I'm catching fish.

I did manage to pull out one reasonable one today, though.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=32571&d=1314512199

Same setup as before but 8lb leader.

Shortly afterward I could not focus well enough to do a good finesse job and chucked around some other junk. It was hot beyond reason, shouldn't do that two days in a row.

Chatted with some swell folks. Was entertained by animals huddling in the sparse shade. Both them, and the people who made their short visits, wiser than me.

Might be back tomorrow anyways.
Nice work on the feesh..

way ta get into bass fishing..

I'll give you a few tips if you ever need them...

PM if you need a little advice but honestly you seem to be doing prettty damn good on your own : )

Saweeet : )