PDA

View Full Version : bass goin crazy at newport harbor

jpod
08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
went out on a skiff in newport harbor yesterday started out a lil slow cus we didint kno the spots but once we got to the live bait well in the mout of the harbor it was on sand bass calico and spotted bay bass cast after cast we stuck around the bait well for a while ****** pelicans man we lost all kinds of lures and hooks from thes damn thing i sware i cought like three pelicans my bait wouldnt dive down so theyd come and grab it up. and one of them even brok my brand new rod i bought from bass pro i was pissed but all in all we3255332554 cought over 50 fish each it was awsome

madmax951
08-26-2011, 04:18 PM
wow! really nice ones! gj jpod. wonder if i could catch any from the shore? I do from mission bay in san diego.

ps. take the rod back for an exchange or refund... obviously defective.

vanillagurilla
08-26-2011, 04:42 PM
here we go.... get the popcorn out.... why would you keep spotties? they taste like **** and are loaded with toxins from the harbor.

smokehound
08-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Ugh. Why did you keep 8!? Shoulda just kept the turd roller, and released the rest.. >:\

Ifishtoolittle
08-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice work on the fish, and I do hope you eat ALL of the meat on those guys. Also, please do not let them go to waste through filleting as the fish do not grow very quickly.

klocked
08-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Lets not start in on him. He either likes to eat that crap or he didn't know any better. At least I hope those are the only 2 possibilities.... Either way, I guess 4 more of my favorite finned friends(Spotties) have lost their lives.

jpod
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
yea my friend loves them and hell eat all of them hahahah i dont eat fish tastes like **** lol

lovefofish
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
:No Pity: well that blows.

jpod
08-26-2011, 06:17 PM
i said the same thing i didnt kno people ate bass but he wwanted all the legals hahaha he swore to me that spotted bay bass and calico was awsome gross i just like to fish and calm down every one hahahhaha its not like im the guys killing great white sharks off of huntington beach pier lol what a shame that was

smokehound
08-26-2011, 06:18 PM
yea my friend loves them and hell eat all of them hahahah i dont eat fish tastes like **** lolOh that is completely whack.

jpod
08-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh that is completely whack.

i fish for fun not dinner my fishing partner that was with me tho loves fish so any legals he takes they dont go to waist

smokehound
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
i fish for fun not dinner my fishing partner that was with me tho loves fish so any legals he takes they dont go to waistJust please be careful next time, these fish dont grow like LMB. While they do spawn at a small size, they take a while to get big. Go look at fishbase, it takes around 7-10 years for them to reach legal size.

GETBIT!
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Wow!! I'm in shock, havent seen any one bucket a spottie in a long time especially fish that size

BrandonFish
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I was watching those exact spotties eating floating turds around the harbor.

You and your fishing partner could eat **** for all i care. Dockrat will have a recipe for you.

Viejo
08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Not sure if I was the fellow jpod, I'd want my avatar to reflect my poor taste.....in fish and ethics....

jpod
08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
I was watching those exact spotties eating floating turds around the harbor.

You and your fishing partner could eat **** for all i care. Dockrat will have a recipe for you.

hHAHAHAHA U GUYS ARE SO FUNNY GET A LIFE THEY WERE FUN TO CATCH AND MY FRIEND ATE ALLL OF THEM SO QUIT CRYING LOL

smokehound
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
hHAHAHAHA U GUYS ARE SO FUNNY GET A LIFE THEY WERE FUN TO CATCH AND MY FRIEND ATE ALLL OF THEM SO QUIT CRYING LOL Lol your friend just ate poop. I'll call you Poo-bah from now on. :ROFL:

flyngby
08-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow!

I am very not very impressed with your attitude towards some members that have been here on this site for a little longer than you 14 day adventure here as a non lurker!

Yes it is your/our right to keep fish that are legal but is it always the right choice is the message they are sending!

If you wish to get an even more impressive avitar holding 2 bigger Spotties than what you have, then you will understand where we are coming from.

That choice is yours! :Popcorn:

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/flyngby/SpottieSpecial.jpg

lovefofish
08-26-2011, 11:01 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/pksbshp/Fishing/DSC02196.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii252/Kev2380/ist2_1523068_stirring_the_pot.jpg

E.A.R.G.
08-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I wonder how many times those particular fish were caught and RELEASED.

then, of course, caught and killed. never to be to caught again.

Brandon probably caught each of them a dozen times!

Frequent Flyer
08-27-2011, 11:01 AM
u shld learn how to lip a fish without a towel

jpod
08-27-2011, 12:18 PM
spotted bay bass Description: The characteristics of a spotted bay bass are similar to those of a barred sand bass. Its body is fairly slender and compressed. Its mouth is large and the lower jaw is slightly protruded.
The body of a spotted bay bass is olive brown or yellowish tan, with a white under belly. Orange, brown and black spots cover its body, head and fins, and fuse together forming mottled bars on its sides. Like a barred sand bass, the third dorsal spine is longer than then rest.
Spotted bay bass grow very fast and can reach up to 9-10 inches in length during their first year. Then after their second year growth rate slows dramatically. The largest bay bass recorded was 24 inches and 6.75 lbs. And the oldest bay bass recorded was 14 years old and 18 inches long, though majorities of spotted bay bass don’t live past 9 or 10 years. They are able to tolerate high and low temperatures.

<<<<< ok im sorry to all the bass anglers i didnt kno u guys were so sensitive in the future i will def inetly catch and release like i said i dont eat fish my friend wanted them for a meall iim not gonna say no but in the future i will so im sorry if i affended any one but as far as my avatar goes im proud of my catch so im not removing it peace LIKE I SAID SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANY BASS ANGLERS MY FRIEND SAID THEY WERE AWSOME BY THE WAY HAHAH I GUES HE LIKED THE TURDS HAHAH

tpfishnfool
08-27-2011, 01:51 PM
F all these Biatches. Keep em if you want. Legals are legal. Limits are limits. Good fishin there bro..

fishdo0do0
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
what a NOOB! bass arent going crazy at newport anymore thanks to you! keep the sandra, release the rest.

Fysher
08-27-2011, 02:23 PM
He said it was at the mouth of the Harbor where the live bait well was at. Those bass could have been migrating bass that came from the open ocean instead of living their life in the harbor. But yeah, would watch what your friend eats especially in the harbor. High level of mercury and all the good stuff that comes out from the boat.

Anyways, congrats on the catch. That is an epic day of bass fishing in NPH

Ifishtoolittle
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
F all these Biatches. Keep em if you want. Legals are legal. Limits are limits. Good fishin there bro..

Not helping dude. Just because one can take fish doesn't mean that one should take them.

Mister Twister
08-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Years ago I caught a big spot at bay.I took it home and cleaned it and it had used tp in its gut.Guess it blew out of yaught and it sucked it in.Freaked me out,they apparently eat anything.Gave it to my boss the next day. You had a good day out there,nice fish.congrats.I think these guys are confusing golden trout to confirmed turd eating spots.

tpfishnfool
08-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Not helping dude. Just because one can take fish doesn't mean that one should take them.

Thats talking from your backside.... What do take limits mean then genius ?

JapanRon
08-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi jpod,

Those are some pics you're gonna want to show your grand and great-grand kids ! :)

JapanRon

Oingo11
08-27-2011, 03:45 PM
yea my friend loves them and hell eat all of them hahahah i dont eat fish tastes like **** lol

Ah geez, you again?? Why don't you go away and for take a spelling class?

oakboy
08-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Ah geez, you again?? Why don't you go away and for take a spelling class?

You might want to take a typing class with that awesome typing you do Oingo11. Serioulsy give him a break we all mess up sometimes when we type.

Nice fish JPOD! Looks like you had a fun day!

<><
KP

blackwater
08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Be a man, if you don't eat fish, release them. Let your buddy catch and keep his own fish. :Rolls Eyes:

Fishthewhaler
08-27-2011, 09:26 PM
getoff his nutsack already...go chase some poachers or other morons and leave the guy alone...Jeez, Nice limit

FTW

iLLest
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Interesting. :Popcorn:

HESBROS
08-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I guess I will throw my 2 cents in here since I am an avid NPH fisher. The two fishermen were well within their legal limits and no laws were broke in this post. Actually, they were under limits.

Now about the Spotties. Dont know what they taste like and never will. What I do know is that harbor bass fishing is a blast and an easy trip to make. We all know that spotties only live in harbors and that they spawn and grow up in their harbors. If we start to take the spotties, it will create an environment that we have all started to notice in the open water, which is a lack of fish to be caught. It is is to each his own as to whether or not you keep spotties, just remember that keeping them will deplete the population and none of us will be able to make those sweet little harbor trips and have something to catch.

If you were to keep a LMB, you would be catching more hell than you are over this post and since I dont really fish them, I could care less. For me, I understand how all those that fish LMB feel since I am a spottie fisher. If you have been on this board, I believe you would have noticed all the NPH reports that many of us post and that there is no killing going on.

As I previously stated, CPR or keeping is up to you, just remember the outcome if all were to do the same.

Eddie