PDA

View Full Version : Another double digit out of South Lake...wooo hoooo!

Sierra_Smitty
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Got a 10lb 8oz on Sunday off the dam at South Lake. We didn't get to take pictures of the fish so the picture doesn't do justice to the fish at all but dang, it was HUGE.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o181/sierrasmitty/IMAG0061crop.jpg

We also got the 2nd half of the SCE fish yesterday
(8/25) - smaller fish than the first batch but still a LOT of nice fish.

My last three guided fishing trips went as follows.
55 fish for a Dad and his two young sons last Friday
62 fish for a Dad and his 12 yr old son on Sunday
16 fish including a 3lber on a short trip with 1 adult today (lots of resting involved with this guest due to health issues)

DFG stocked 1000lbs today...and 2500lbs last week.

Needless to say fishing is good.

Looking at my reservations, bookings are light during the week this coming week - if anyone can get away during the week Aug. 29 thru Sept. 1st I'll discount our 4 person Mountain cabins down to $100 per night + tax which is almost half off. Just throwing that out there if anyone is interested...have 5 left (cabins 20 thru 24).
http://parchersresort.net/

Peace,
Smitty

billy b
08-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Sent you some emails a while back ... have you checked your mail in the last 2-3 weeks?

Spaulding
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Real nice fish. We may have to stop in there on the way up to Nevada.

vdubfiend
08-29-2011, 08:57 AM
NICE CATCH!!!!

We were up there from Thursday to Sunday am

fished south lake, convict lake

C+R at least 45-50 at Convict and 20 at south lake

Had a great time at Parchers Resort (cabin #3) and we will be back again

SierraPeaks
08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
We will be there around noon on Thursday, Sept. 1st Hoping the fishing at South Lake is hot so we don't have to pack up and try somewhere else. The weather forecast looks spectacular (low 70's daytime High 30's, lower 40's nighttime) No moon and a week for the SCE Alpers to acclamate to their new home. Could be the perfect scenario. Can't wait.

Trout-Slayer77
08-29-2011, 11:36 AM
wow!! thats a whopper!

Sierra_Smitty
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Sent you some emails a while back ... have you checked your mail in the last 2-3 weeks?

I check my work email about 10 times a day so if you didn't get a response I didn't get the email or my reply got lost in cyberspace...both happen quite often I'm afraid.

Sierra_Smitty
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
NICE CATCH!!!!

We were up there from Thursday to Sunday am

fished south lake, convict lake

C+R at least 45-50 at Convict and 20 at south lake

Had a great time at Parchers Resort (cabin #3) and we will be back again

GLad you had a good time man....see ya next time!

billy b
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Sent you some sources for Berkley mini jigs ... I believe you said Rainbow Sparkle was a hotty? They were sent on this board ... FWIW

ZipperWurm
08-30-2011, 11:16 PM
thats an awesome fish! sounds like the fishing up there is still pretty hot...thinking about maybe taking a trip up there for a few days next week...

Sierra_Smitty
08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Sent you some sources for Berkley mini jigs ... I believe you said Rainbow Sparkle was a hotty? They were sent on this board ... FWIW

Hmmm...I double checked my email and only got one requested to be put on the fish report list. If you have time, resend the link to my addy. And yes, the discontinued Rainbow Sparkle is a ridiculously good color - I found a wholesaler back east that another friend turned me onto - so I bought 66 packs of them hahahaha.

SierraPeaks
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Hmmm...I double checked my email and only got one requested to be put on the fish report list. If you have time, resend the link to my addy. And yes, the discontinued Rainbow Sparkle is a ridiculously good color - I found a wholesaler back east that another friend turned me onto - so I bought 66 packs of them hahahaha.

Put a few aside for me Jared. I'll be there tomorrow.

billy b
09-01-2011, 09:18 AM

Are they all 1/32?

bstolton
09-01-2011, 09:32 PM
heading up to the loop on monday for a week, looks like I need to add south lake to my list of places I want to fish. Thats a monster.

Sierra_Smitty
09-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Are they all 1/32?

Most are 1/32 but I did pick up a few packs of the 1/16oz as well.