PDA

View Full Version : BBL 8-27 & 8-28 Pre-Report (and maybe Jenks)

etaggart
08-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Nothing really to report except that there's a window of opportunity opening so I might be able to get up this weekend to fish BBL!!! Maybe both Saturday AND Sunday!!! Unfortunately the wife has to work and travel this weekend and while I'd much rather spend time with her, fishing would help sooth the pain :Wink: (If you're reading - "I love you, Baby!")

I'm wondering if I should use the time to plan a run over to Jenks - I haven't yet taken the time to try tubing there - maybe Sunday morning? With a Saturday early morning and late afternoon on BBL?

Any feedback about whether an early Sunday morning Jenks-expedition at this time of year would be worthwhile would be greatly appreciated. Also whether Jenks has any bass or I should only plan on stocker trouties.

I think I've heard it's $5 to park and the gate opens at 6:30am. Any other info is also appreciated.

Cheers all!! And let me know if you'll be on the water same time/place

Eric

phishin phool
08-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Jenks should be really good with the plant this week, bring orange and red power worms. Fish will be small but fun and beautiful scenery. Lots of weeds around shore so ya gotta kick through them to get to the open water mid lake. There are small bass around the heavy cover which provide a cool change of pace. Use small plastics. Yep $5. Good Luck.

Kelster
08-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Ditto to what phisin phool said. You will fish until about 11-12 because the shoreline gets noisy a beautiful surrounding is just not the same anymore. Fun lake to tube and phool has it wired.