PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point whale watching tips?

CraigH
08-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm taking my 11 year old god daughter on a whale watching trip on the Dana Pride. I've never been on the boat but hear it has seats down the middle? Is it better to grab the seats or stand at the rail for the 2 hour trip? If the rail, bow or stearn? Thanks

smokehound
08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.handmadefishhooks.com/images/home/hand_held_hook_shadow.jpg you're gonna need 6-ton test. Oh wait. Whale-WATCHING. okay, nvm. :LOL:

Hometown
08-25-2011, 07:36 PM
never been on the boat but the best spot for whale watching is the bow
or upper deck on most boats.Have fun with your God Daughter you might want to get her some sea sick pills.That could ruin her trip if she got sick.

madmax951
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
for the price of whale watching, i would just go on half a day fishing, you can whale watch and fish at the same time ( they offer discount on the kids, just ask).... don't forget the binoculars, they aren't always that close and personal.

for sea sickness... some salted crackers.... last time that i can remember a friend got sick on the Catalina express, of which the crew member offer him some crackers and it worked... and its cheaper than the pills.

lol have fun.