PDA

View Full Version : My first time too

Shaman
08-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, on Monday 8/22 I visited DVL for my first time as well and tried a little shoreline fishing. I wouldn't say I'm a rookie, but quite inexperienced. I got the 'ol Pepe Le Pew, but still managed to enjoy my outing. I arrived just before 7am and the bass were boiling next to the Marina. Very smart fish to hang out were you cant drop a line.

I tried carolina rigs with 4" roboworm's in arron's magic and MM. I also tried texas rigs and throwing out a Cotton Cordell SS, but not one nibble as far as I could tell.

I walked to the right of the marina which I believe is west. Perhaps next time I go I'll try the other side. Hopefully I can make some new friends next time out.

HawgStalker
08-25-2011, 03:05 PM
It might take a couple trips but you're on the right path. Keep plugging away and you'll nail it down bro! Dont be discouraged...

Shaman
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I appreciate the words of encouragement there HawgStalker. I have more experience in ocean fishing and this freshwater stuff if challenging. At first I couldn't get into the freshwater, but all of a sudden I'm "hooked". Surely they'll be better days to come.

HawgStalker
08-25-2011, 05:48 PM
No worries bro! I started fishing dvl a few months back and my first couple trips were frustrating for sure. There a lot of guys on this site willing to help and who know a lot more about dvl than myself!