PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris 8/24/2011

MR. J
08-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Woke up at 430am. Me and my brother were out the door at 5:15am. Made the drive from Carson and arrived at the lake at 6:40am.

First time at this lake and the plan was to try and get some gills. From what I read on here, most of the bigger size gills are in deeper areas near the damn. That was out of the question. I also heard I may be able to hike to get them but that too was out of the question. Wasn't willing to hike just to find some gills and I don't have a boat nor was I willing to rent one. Saved all my money for a Vegas trip this weekend. Doing it big and planning to spend a ton of money at the Bass Pro Shops. LOL

Anyways, I decided to keep it simple, pay the 3 bucks and fish the Marina dock. From 7-1:30 me and bro managed about 30 bluegill. kept 4 good sized ones and 4 ok sized ones. Kept the rigging simple. 4 lb test, Size 4 mosquito hook and a split shot. Used cut night crawlers and wax worms. Fished the end of the dock near the rental office, where it was deeper. just dropped the bait to the bottom and waited for them to bite. Other than that it was pretty slow. Some guys around us caught some good sized ones and another managed to catch 2 good sized crappie on jigs.

Kelster
08-25-2011, 06:54 AM
I have fished the docks only once, earlier this year because my BIL wanted to sit on a chair.. The BG's were crashing the shad but it isn't fun for me. The float tube allows me to hunt them suckers and then put the hurt on them. Now I just jinxed myself for this Saturday.......
Glad you were able to catch some fish.
No way could I leave Mo Val at 5:15 am and get to Carson by 6:40 am, I might get through the "Corona Crawl" by then.lol

M@M
08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Good to see you had some action...Tasty Panfish!...... Have fun in Vegas. Thanks for the report!:Smile:

fishmounter
08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Size 4 is way too big for BGs. Use a # 8...

TheAsianGuy
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey Jeff, still hitting the water at Perris or still doing stream fishing?

SirBluegill
08-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Cool I never fished the docks before just the entrance area.

old pudd fisher
08-25-2011, 04:52 PM
The docks can be good easy fishing.

fishmounter
08-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Leo- Stream fishing? Not me.... I had a back injury at work so I have been away from fishing for some time. Be back at it soon. Might hit Fairmount Friday morn because it's close and I need to show some guys that there are bass there...