PDA

View Full Version : 8/24 am

allIdoIsfish
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Got on the water by 7:45 and chit chatted with an older gentlemen about this little lake. as we were talking he hooks up to a nice 4.5# at the docks with a spinner, after a few more words and stories about how great this place use to be we were on our separate ways. I headed for a spot i always see nice fish at. Threw a spinner and before i could even give it a crank, FISHON!!! nice fight for about a minute, then i was able to bring him up out of the weeds. I was rewarded with a nice 3#. Worked the area some more as i was trying to creep on that 7# from yesterday. he came up super slow and ate a giant twig, LOL at that point he saw me and took off. Headed to a spot that ive never fished before, Even though this lake is super small im not sure how i didnt ever fish that spot. Got there and there was a bait ball prob 15' x 15' i casted a shad plastic to the first available cover and instantly the drag screams!! this thing was towing my 17" bass boat for a few feet then he went straight into the trees. SNAP* bye bye fish. For sure this thing was 10#+ cat. Ive brought in a 7.5# from this mud hole and that one didnt fight even close to this one. Anyways at this point in cussing and screaming to myself as all the shore anglers are watching me go crazy. I take a minute to calm down and rig up my favorite worm on the ds and pitch it into the huge school of bait. pitch after pitch i was landing 1.5#+ bass, every time i would hook up to one the bass would start to boil in front of me. After about 40 minutes of WFO fishing I was beat so i headed out at 12:30. I was so surprised at my lucky today this little lake never has days like this. But then again when you find a bait ball that big there has to be 10+basses stalking them. all in all got a nice 3#, had my boat towed by a cat, and ended the day with 10+ 1.5-2.5lbers off that school of bait i found. Im even more addicted to fishing now. Someone help me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/vlkter/IMAG0014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/vlkter/IMAG0018.jpg
These were the average size that i was pulling out of the school.