PDA

View Full Version : crystal lake stocked!!!!!!!!

dday07
08-24-2011, 11:44 AM
been a long time since iv'e seen that listed! will be going when i get the chance.

pescadito
08-25-2011, 11:56 AM
this is such great news! please post a report. I have the fondest memories fishing that lake as a kid. I caught my first trout on a fly rod at that lake from a float tube. I hope they still allow tubes to go into the water there as well. I will be returning there as the trout season kicks off. Does anyone know if the parking lot that was adjacent to the stairs is still there? I think there used to be a small booth to pay for parking at the lake as well, if my memory serves me.... it has been a LONG time! I read an old report about hiking 3/4 of a mile with a float tube, and i dont ever remember it being that far...... Maybe i was just much younger and more excited to fish from the tube back then!

I also remember when they used to have the gate to the road closed, and i would hike the road up to the lake, now that was a long uphill walk. Is that gate open on the weekdays? Do you need an adventure pass to park at the lake?

Whiteleather
09-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Went up to Crystal Lake on Labor Day and came away with 8 trout between 3 of us. Fished from about 7:30 to 1PM.

1HR2BBL
09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I remember C&R a 5 lb LMB under a floating log there. I used to float tube that lake (actually the size of a pond) for trout using Mepps aglias. Always caught limits or close to it. Over the years it's become gangsterous though. :Sad:

rabbit77
09-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Do you have to have a pass or anything to get in can do you still have to walk or can you park by the lake and can you float tube there?

Line Crosser
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Went a few weeks ago wearing flip flops. Had to hike in cause the gate was locked. Dumb me