PDA

View Full Version : Shad Activity how to read for run and gun

JigStop
08-24-2011, 10:09 AM
A pod of striper will attack the shad school in a more organized pattern that seems to "push" the fish in one direction. Whereas a LMB boil is usually random, near shore and often times scattered or dis-organized when offshore. The exception to this rule is the hybrid striper which can often be seen coraling the shad balls. This tip will not be of much use during the tourney because of boat pressure but will come in handy during the weekday action especially as we head to shorter day light periods.

seal
08-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Often I have noticed the stripers will find a cut along the bank that they can push the shad/bait into and attack, they seem to remember this zone and night after night use the same tactic and area, yes they move around a lot but when they find a productive pattern it seems they will stay around for a while. Also the bigger guys and LMB's will quite often be underneath the boil picking off scraps so fishing under the boil can be a good idea.

Striper are great hunters!

TroutOnly
08-25-2011, 07:40 AM
those cuts are usally were the shad spend the night trying to stay out of open water and currents,the shad will stay in general areas for long periods,if you see a group of bait in a ball thats the place to work, they get in the ball as a defensive posture only problem is the release a scent that lets the predators know there scared,kinda like kooly he craps his pants when i come around ,little fish dont like it when the big boy predators come around,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Big Daddy
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
those cuts are usally were the shad spend the night trying to stay out of open water and currents,the shad will stay in general areas for long periods,if you see a group of bait in a ball thats the place to work, they get in the ball as a defensive posture only problem is the release a scent that lets the predators know there scared,kinda like kooly he craps his pants when i come around ,little fish dont like it when the big boy predators come around,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha your tooooo funny my 2 year old grand son just came running and asked whats so funny grand pa. Hahahahahaha I may have just peed my pants

fishstory
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
,kinda like kooly he craps his pants when i come around ,little fish dont like it when the big boy predators come around,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Sounds like someone has a resentment, Did Kewly hurt you?

JigStop
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
How right you are. My favorite is seeing roosterfish scare the caballito so bad that they beach themselves!

Fat Albert
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
,kinda like kooly he craps his pants when i come around ,little fish dont like it when the big boy predators come around,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Nice, I see Enzyte Bob Only is back like the old smackdown days...Don't forget some of the "dvl holdover crew" are still around...let some of these new DVL fisherpeople know...its nice to see that Kewlys out there slaying these stripers (not dvl holdover trout from 04'), and making a name- he's put his time in there...and didnt kewly help get you on your first DVL Striper last year on the Spoon on your boat? ah, i remember him telling me you were so happy with a 6-7lbr- ahaha
...Bob,..I think there's a contest at Lake Enzyte, where you own it... good to see Diamond Bear, DVLocal, GdHkset-vince and more still around...sure they remember the old days too
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG6aj7UzNRSS3bGSmr3abfmioxdDR-Y-jyB3Do8HqJ9KItmYcI

TroutOnly
08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
albert youre as drunk as kooly,who was on the stripers while you guys were catching bluegills,please kooly never showed me anything i didnt already know from way back,any of the good striper **** he learned from me.kinda like you trying to catch up to me on the holdovers when i had that **** dialed in from my first day on dvl,,,,,,,put down the pipe and get some fresh air,,,,,,,,,,,,,albert -the lurker,,,,,barrys cousin,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

ghost2uu
08-25-2011, 03:58 PM

Post of the year! Too FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Surfnsnowboard3
08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Is amazes me a guide who's business should be customer service and to appeal to customers is such an a-hole. Who would ever book a trip with this tard?

ghost2uu
08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I would. What does that say about me? I have seen Bob's reports on here forever. So what he is brash, and doesn't care what a bunch of wannabe internet fishermen think about him. Me too. I have never fished with Bob, and fought it out on here with him. But I am starting to like him more and more. Trout Only for president in 2012!!!!(or atleast a guide trip)

Double A
08-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Is amazes me a guide who's business should be customer service and to appeal to customers is such an a-hole. Who would ever book a trip with this tard?

there are obviously plenty of people booking guide trips with him. i don't think anyone is pushing YOU, personally, to book a trip with him. why do you feel the need to call him out, and with the a-hole, and tard ? is it because of the words in his post. take a closer look at the words in your post, while your looking in the mirror. what does that make you ???

and to use the phrase, tard, obviously from retard... really ? some people might be quite sensitive to that term, so be carefull with your words, before you find yourself choking on them.

P.A.W.
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Um me. I had the pleasure of spending a whole day with Bob. Bob doesn't take himself or anyone else that seriously. That's his secret of being a happy guy. Some other people should try it.

Big Daddy
08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
there are obviously plenty of people booking guide trips with him. i don't think anyone is pushing YOU, personally, to book a trip with him. why do you feel the need to call him out, and with the a-hole, and tard ? is it because of the words in his post. take a closer look at the words in your post, while your looking in the mirror. what does that make you ???

and to use the phrase, tard, obviously from retard... really ? some people might be quite sensitive to that term, so be carefull with your words, before you find yourself choking on them.

Um me. I had the pleasure of spending a whole day with Bob. Bob doesn't take himself or anyone else that seriously. That's his secret of being a happy guy. Some other people should try it.

I agree with Double A that your choice of words while tring to call out "TO" are in bad taste and that you should make a retraction and appologize for the use of them.

exfactor
08-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I got a BIG KNIFE if you what 2 use it Bob!!!! "smile"

TroutOnly
08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
SNOWBABYS PISSED CUASE HE CANT THE STRIPEYS,AS FAR AS CUSTOMER SERVICE GOES IVE BEEN IN IT FOR 38 YRS IN MY FLOORING BUISNESS ,WHICH IS THE BEST IN MY AREA,AND IN MY GUIDES BUISNESS HERE WHERE IVE BEEN SINCE THE PRESEDING SITE TURNED INTO THIS ONE. YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE BEEF I HAVE WITH THE WANNBE,AND YOU DONT KNOW MY HISTORY OF FISHING THE DVL FROM THE GET GO AND WHAT I KNOW ABOUT STRIPERS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE SHAD AND WERE THE GO AND WHAT THEY DO. IN THE CASE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE TO THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE WHICH WOULD INCLUDE YOU,MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY FOR ONE OF THE GUIDES THAT ARE IN THE AUCTION AND MAYBE YOU COULD LEARN TO FISH,,,,,,,MIKEY HAND ME THAT ONE YOU CLEANED THE BIGASS WSB WITH ,I THINK DUDE NEEDS HIS HEMEROIDS REMOVED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,striperssometimes,,,,,,,,, ,,,,

whopperstopper
08-25-2011, 10:59 PM
:Pee::Pee:If he put's you on fish who the F#@* cares,,, some really good fisherman are A holes,,,,If you shut up you might learn somthing...you wanna fish with Dr Phil...

Surfnsnowboard3
08-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Negative on an apology from me. I call it like I see it. I've continually seen Bob Aka T/O blast Kewly which is unprofessional and uncalled for. This isn't the first time. My choice of words are appropriate to describe Bob in my opinion. Kewly doesn't attack him. It's ridiculous.

TroutOnly
08-26-2011, 07:38 PM
You shouldnt talk smack when you dont know the story of what was done to me , if i wasnt so old i probaly would whipped his *** and probably youres along with for spoutin **** on some thing you have no clue about,and my opion of you is you still need lessons,,go hire youre hero and see how much you dont lear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Surfnsnowboard3
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
You shouldnt talk smack when you dont know the story of what was done to me , if i wasnt so old i probaly would whipped his *** and probably youres along with for spoutin **** on some thing you have no clue about,and my opion of you is you still need lessons,,go hire youre hero and see how much you dont lear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Threatening to fight me...and I'm the one out of line. Life is a beautiful thing. God bless you T/O.

headcase881
08-26-2011, 08:24 PM
G*D D@mn so much hostility wheres the sportsman ship ive seen you guys post before(nothing like this) and this is not fishing we all read ur post and please stop crying i know i have nthing to do with the situation but face book is for this *****

HawgStalker
08-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Well said...

tacklejunkie
08-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Uncle Bob got me on the fish today free and I'd definitely hire him any day.
Will be for Pyramid soon!
I learned a lot more than he probably even knows he taught me.
Thanks T.O.! Also good to finally meet and fish with you Shock!
You guys are cool people.

Shock
08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Bob's oldskool, says s*** how he sees it, and aint gonna kiss nobodys ***....nothing wrong with that....

Many like to hate on him....don't like it? STFU and hire a different guide or go out and spend some time on the water...

Nice meeting you today TJ, good times for sure...

HuskerRod
08-27-2011, 09:05 PM
My main reason for lurking on this site anymore is to read T.O.s reports/posts/rants/stuff. Definately keeps it interesting........and that might be an understatement.