PDA

View Full Version : Lake San Antonio

Tone
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi All,

Heading down to Lake Santonio for 3 days camping this weekend and wondering how the fishing? I'll looking for anything that bite to get my 4yrs son in some action. We'll be fishing from a boat.
I was there in July camping and I noticed the new gate hours that really killed the fishing prime time. By the time the gate open up, before you know it, we got lices running all over the lake.

Any tips in general area is greatly appreciate!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-24-2012, 12:14 PM
getting info for that lake is like pulling teeth.....the few that fish it sucessfully keep a real tight lip...

I'd suggest payin the dues and just going and trying it.....

P.S.
I'd date your post next time as I am guessing this is old...

ushone
04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
cmon gary, working on bring stuff back from the dead?? j/k
it says above his screen name "8-23-11" :Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM
cmon gary, working on bring stuff back from the dead?? j/k
it says above his screen name "8-23-11" :Big Grin:
ahhhh guess I missed that...I'd still suggest adding the date to the title of the post....either way just tryin ta help..since no one responded to it

No harm no foul...that post was dead from the start so not much to revive : )

plumbertom
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Maybe it is an old thread but I'm gonna do my best to improve the information available about San Antonio.
It's my favorite local lake to fish and As the bite picks up over the coming months I hope to get there regular.
What ever happens Skunk or WFO I'll share at least a good portion of the information.
Maybe not everything but enough so anyone can work from what I give up.

cutbait
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Maybe it is an old thread but I'm gonna do my best to improve the information available about San Antonio.
It's my favorite local lake to fish and As the bite picks up over the coming months I hope to get there regular.
What ever happens Skunk or WFO I'll share at least a good portion of the information.
Maybe not everything but enough so anyone can work from what I give up.
Tom..... I have photographic evidence of 10-15 lb stripers caught in 10 foot of water and water temps touching 70 during the day. TIME IS NOW

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Tom..... I have photographic evidence of 10-15 lb stripers caught in 10 foot of water and water temps touching 70 during the day. TIME IS NOW
spidey senses tingling.....

cutbait
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
spidey senses tingling.....

What does that mean?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
What does that mean?

That MEANS....I ALREADY planned on going anyways......are U stupid ??? uhh er.......are U a redneck ? er...uhhhh..

Just forget it...

I am going to explore...been waiting for proper water temp and a good moon phase....a few days off the moon phase but I'll run it up the flag pole (NO PUN PLEASE !)

U coulda' went w me..............but you said you have to go to the new walmart store opening...EVERYONE in ur town will be there !

Don't forget ur stock of depends !

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

U been SERVED !

plumbertom
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Maybe I can go tomorrow if the rain quits.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Maybe I can go tomorrow if the rain quits.

If u catch one...let us know what theyre biting on

cutbait
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
That MEANS....I ALREADY planned on going anyways......are U stupid ??? uhh er.......are U a redneck ? er...uhhhh..

Just forget it...

I am going to explore...been waiting for proper water temp and a good moon phase....a few days off the moon phase but I'll run it up the flag pole (NO PUN PLEASE !)

U coulda' went w me..............but you said you have to go to the new walmart store opening...EVERYONE in ur town will be there !

Don't forget ur stock of depends !

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

U been SERVED !

ITs funny how your spidey sense tingle after I send you pics of 15 lb stripers?? HAHAHAAH

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-25-2012, 04:28 PM
ITs funny how your spidey sense tingle after I send you pics of 15 lb stripers?? HAHAHAAH

ohh yes...that got 'em tingling more.....mainly been waiting for water temp and moon phase....the pic of that 11 lbder from the asian market did seal the deal though..

I don't go running to NO body of water when 1 fish is caught.....

UNLESS...It's QUAIL !

BUT I WILL go runnin' when someone tells me what lure to use...where to use it...WHEN and WHERE...

plumbertom
04-26-2012, 08:31 AM
No fishing today, it's still raining this morning and I don't like fishing wet.
So sometime next week for me at San Antonio.

joejoe77
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Have any of you guys tried trolling with an umbrella rig? Im heading to SA the week after next and gonna give it a shot. Cutbait are they in the shallows? Im gonna try trolling between Harris Creek and the Dam, hit the Three Fingers on the way back, I can usually get some smallies there. Id like to see these pics too if you dont mind.

cutbait
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Have any of you guys tried trolling with an umbrella rig? Im heading to SA the week after next and gonna give it a shot. Cutbait are they in the shallows? Im gonna try trolling between Harris Creek and the Dam, hit the Three Fingers on the way back, I can usually get some smallies there. Id like to see these pics too if you dont mind.

Last spring the fish were in north area early on. Don't take the north for granted. From north launch ramp to cemetary cove. Middle of lake up there only runs 30-50 ft deep so explore.

Unfortunately I can't put the picture up. It is of another angler I don't know too well and I don't wanna blast his exploits on such a public forum without permission.

Trust me though, 10-14 lber with a THICK GUT, caught shallow!

Throw the A rig on points where bait is marked or stripers are marked.

Stripers are busting bait near the bank

FTS and CVSmooth are taking the initial trip up this weekend and good on them for putting up the gass money and time to lay some fish down!

joejoe77
04-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the tip bro. Hoping to catch my first Striper this year. Hopefully Ill have some pics to post. Good luck!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Things DID NOT go well over this weekend 4/28-4/29

....NO STRIPERS.....REAL tuff out there....pounded it for 2 days..

Guess that trip was simply paying dues...God knows I know that is necessary from time to time..

2 days trolling....even tried some bait on metered marks yesterday afternoon..

No luv..

Hit some Largemouth up just to at least scratch something.... landed a couple of those each day but even those were TUFF.

I WILL BE BACK

I WILL GET my revenge

Alright....your guys turn.....

Gary

trail blazer
04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
WTG GARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Great recon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3 weeks and the BAKO BOYS will take our turn,,,,,,,,,,,Maby sooner if i get a day off:Wink:

There there,,,there ready,,,ANY SECOND NOW!,,,ITS ONNNNNNN

T/B

fishinone
05-01-2012, 01:30 PM
That's dues worth paying there! Those San Antonio striper are a nice grade.

plumbertom
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
It can be a tough lake though.
I've got the boat all hooked up and I'm gonna go give it a try in the AM, I hope.
Seem like every time I decide to go some problem or another comes up.
Just picked up and installed a downrigger for my boat so if they ain't up chasing shad maybe I can get down to where they are hiding.

cutbait
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Shad in south and north marinas..

Reports of boils in north. Ots of fish to to 20 lbs caught last weekend in south. Take a dip net and alabama rig..no reports of fish by dam or extreme north end but you never know