PDA

View Full Version : NEW BOARD INFO!

Fisherman57
04-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi guys,

A bit confusing huh?

To make a long story short, the old server just did not have enough capacity to support FNN as it grew.

The entire member list has been transffered to the new board. If you are already a registered FNN member there is no need to re-register.

The old message board will remain locked but viewable and everyones reports and content will still be there to read and view.

The new board should be faster and also the picture uploading is now much easier.

AGAIN...... there is now a OLD message board and a NEW message board........

The new board has links in every section back to the old board.

There are still some issues being addressed so please be patient, all issues will be resolved and the board will be bigger and better than ever.

I will update this thread as often as I can, so check back here to see updates.

If you have a question, please post it here and I will try to get it answered for you!

Thanks everyone for being patient while this update takes place.

Oh........... and welcome to the board! :lol:

sonarbp
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info Fisherman57. I know alot of the forum regulars are a bit confused!!!! Glad you are working to make the board better!!!!

sonarbp

cappo
04-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Will the search function search the old forum?

Nessie Hunter
04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Sure is a LOT FASTER.. Thanks, good job Guys.... :D

mstr fish
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Getting to big? That is so awesome. Glad to be able to be a part of it. Thanks to all that have helped to make this change..............fish

xtranzman
04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Ahhhhhh..... I feel better now... The world is back in order. FNN is back up and running!

Thanks Jeff and Dana for all your hard work. I bet the last week or so was a nightmare for you guys.

Seems to be working out great. Much faster!

Nice job guys!

X

v6v6v6
04-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey Dana,

Why wouldn't you just swap out the old server for a new one and keep the same URL? Also, isn't there an archive option for phpBB? I'm thinking that would've taken care of being able to search just one site.

Just wondering cuz I noticed the new URL is fishing-ca.com which doesn't make it FNN anymore, but FCC. :shock: :)

fishfinder
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
i am excited to have a better way to post pics. it was way to slow and bothersome the other way. now i need to catch some fish and try it out.

joe man
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
After a couple of days using the new site I say job well done. It is way faster and I think I will continue to bug yall a while longer. Good job

Cangler
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Good job admin !. I really like the photo posting improvements
But can you make the link from the old site more obvious ?

olfishergal
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Thank Gawd the board is back. I was havin very serious withdrawal symptoms.

DreStyle
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey Dana,

How do you post more than 3 pics on a report? Cuz it will only let you do 3 attachments.

Fisherman57
04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Update......

I changed the photo configuration........ you can now post up to 10 photos.......... I'm not sure if that setting will remain......... we'll monitor it and see how it goes........... could go up, or could go down...

I also re-configured how the photos load....... I think the old configuration was posting the photos in reverse of how they were attached...... they should display in the proper order now............... lemme know.

Thanks!

one_leg
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey 57,
It seems like some folks think that the entire string of quotes are needed and it usually includes something like four or five other peoples postings also. I'm not surprised that the servers were bursting at the seams. Come on people, delete the crud.

Fisherman57
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
:rofl:

J/K Alan.

one_leg
04-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey 57,
where are my shirts? :twisted: J/K
I smell a conspiracy.

Of course, my shirt question gets bumped to the next page where no one will ever see it.

Fisherman57
04-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I mailed em all Alan!..... as promised!

Codybug said he got his!...

Make sure you're postman isn't wearing a T57 shirt! LOL :lol:

thunderchicken1
04-12-2007, 12:41 AM
I'm glad the boards are back. Was about to use my puter as a new boat anchor ! :wink:

thunderchicken1

BassNBluez
04-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I was thinking my puter was screwed up!!! Tells you how much I know about this contraption!!! lol Glad things are back and going strong!!

one_leg
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey Dana,

Why wouldn't you just swap out the old server for a new one and keep the same URL? Also, isn't there an archive option for phpBB? I'm thinking that would've taken care of being able to search just one site.

Just wondering cuz I noticed the new URL is fishing-ca.com which doesn't make it FNN anymore, but FCC. :shock: :)
Oh great, now I'll need to buy new shirts because my old ones all say FNN on them.

Oh 57,
It's not called a wig. It's a "hair replacement system".

bigfishlittlefish
04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome, Fisherman57.

bflf