PDA

View Full Version : Night shift

vanillagurilla
08-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Its been a while since i posted non-sense but what the hell right? So how many of you are in the same boat as me working nights/graveyard shift? I work 6pm till whenever we get done, usualy around 3am. Only been working nights for 3 weeks but i like it and the pay is decent which means new fishing gear :). Im up at 6am having a beer after a 10hr day and was curious who works nights.......... that and theres not to many people to talk to this early/late.

Cangler
08-23-2011, 08:20 AM
I worked nights for 17 years . It had its good points like fishing during weekdays
when most people are at work , but in the end it wears you down.

DarkShadow
08-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I worked a swing shift for Earthlink years ago, but never graveyard.

Loved the 2 am tech support calls from the pr0n monkeys who are complaining of download speeds.

I didn't mind it, until I started realizing that we've become a 365/24/7 world where it is necessary to have a live person assist you at 2 am because your browser crashed in the middle of a pr0n download.

mil sonrisas
09-02-2011, 05:32 AM
been working graveyard for almost 4 years. 1900-0830 or later. 5 days a week. unfortunately no pay differential or overtime. i work in a medical lab, for the army, and it sucks! im single, so they figured it was best for the single guy to have the shift no one wants. it does have its up and downs. Ups: like vanillagurilla mentioned, i can sit around monday mornings drinking scotch from my sesame street mug while the rest of the army runs by my window. haha! i get to play what ever music i want til about 0700, and flights and rooms are cheaper during the week. the downs: severe insomnia, severe sleep apnea, and having training/meetings when i should be sleeping.

FELIPE
09-02-2011, 05:52 AM
I WORK GRAVEYARD IN A HOSP. AND I LOVE IT
ALL THE CHIEFS ARE GONE, SO NOONE REALLY BREATHIN DOWN MY NECK.
MAINLY KICK IT AND READ STUFF ONLINE. THE NURSES CRACK ME UP SPECIALLY THE EARLIER IT GETS THEY GET WACKYER. PLUS YOU CAN COMMENT ON EVERYONE`S POST`S. IVE BEEN COMPILLING A LIST OF PLACES I`D LIKE TO FISH, AND LEARNIN DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES!!! THIS IS HOW I FEEL AFTER BOUT THREE DAYZ STRAIGHT THOUGH!!!:EyePop:!!!

DockRat
09-02-2011, 07:55 AM
I worked a few years nights. Some say it will take off up to 10 years off your life.
It can turn you into a Zombie also. Most of my nightside buddies seem to be always tired and burnt out.
One 38 year old gal I know ended up with cronic fatiuge and the doctor told her get off the nights. She also lacked vitamin D from little sun. She went back to days and is all better now, (she is a healthy hottie too)
DR

mckiven
09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
:EyePop:`````

DockRat
09-03-2011, 06:29 PM
:EyePop:`````

Great First Post !
Welcome to FNN.
DR

vanillagurilla
09-03-2011, 10:06 PM
yeah i start at 6pm and get off when the job is done, i work at a plumbing supply warehouse and one other guy plus myself load all the pipe onto delivery trucks for the next morning. i like it alot, its a great job with decent pay, the only bad thing is situations like today when i didnt get any sleep last night and went fishing early am but didnt get home till 10pm lmao. ive been up for 33 hrs and im blownin bubbles !

ZipperWurm
09-15-2011, 02:36 AM
i seem to only be able to do the late night thing. been working swing/night shifts for years. my current schedule is i work three 8 hour shifts from 3-11 pm and one 16 hour shift from 3pm-7am...so four days a week. but even when i get off work at 11pm i still find myself not falling asleep till like 5am-6am every night...that's why i do the majority of my fishing in the afternoon or late at night....always too tired for the morning bite :Sad:

vanillagurilla
09-15-2011, 04:10 AM
yeah i usualy sleep about 1-3 hrs sat morning and get up at 4-5am to go fish, i love working nights, i basicly have 3 days off while working 5 nights if i get up early saturday morning. Night jobs also usualy pay more plus im a single guy and can do what i want when i want.

ZipperWurm
09-15-2011, 04:54 AM
yeah i usualy sleep about 1-3 hrs sat morning and get up at 4-5am to go fish, i love working nights, i basicly have 3 days off while working 5 nights if i get up early saturday morning. Night jobs also usualy pay more plus im a single guy and can do what i want when i want.

yeah the night shifts are definetly more tuned for us single folks, lol. if i had a wife and kids i'd probably try to get on a more "normal" schedule....but im cool with being a vampire right now :Twisted:

casting call
09-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I used to work graveyards when I was going to school. Id start at 11pm and get off work at 7am. I was the only one there so I used to browse the internet for stuff i would be curious about. But as soon as Id get off work, Id have to go to school from 8am til Noon.
It wasnt too bad, like someone mentioned, no bosses around. But the bad thing was when I did have a day off from work and school, trying to adjust to "Normal" hours so I could visit friends or do stuff, that was a pain!