PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes

Coefficient13
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
What are the different types of annual passes you guys know of?

Castaic is a sticker on your car, apparently, so you can't use different cars like I do for boat/kayak days or shore days/after work days.

Casitas is also one car in a similar manner.

Any lakes that work on other methods? ID type card presented with license? Plastic thing that hangs from your rear-view?

I'm quite interested based on wanting to have a "home" lake I frequent most and would like to not get ripped for owning multiple cars and sometimes going with pals. I'd also like to know to suggest it as a second choice to the lakes I already love.

SirBluegill
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1049

They have two diff passes, you have to check out their list to see if any of the lakes you fish are on there. I got the golden poppy pass and it hangs from the rear-view mirror so you can switch to diff cars.

Flying
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM
If you do Silverwood or Perris then the Poppy Pass for $90 is the way to go. Its also good for 12 months from time you buy it. If you buy it on the first of the month you can actually get 13 months out of it.

TheAsianGuy
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I got the regular yearly pass for $125, that covers the State's lakes, including parking for Prado, Guasti, Puddingstone, Glen Helen, Silverwood, Perris, etc..Then the State beaches to relax with the family. In just 3 months, I already accumulated $140 worth of visits if I have to pay every time I go to a site. Now, the cost went from $10 to $15 per site..so..it's wise to invest in a yearly pass if you fish often.

BALLERONBUDGET
08-23-2011, 04:55 PM
irony for diasabled parking annual pass (castaic/puddingstone/santa fe) only valid for weekday use only...; NOT VALID FOR WEEKEND ; state of ca parks cures u of ur disability on weekends... so pay up if u plan to fish on sat/sun !:Twisted::Twisted: truck +boat annual = $250.. for both passes, but if im shore fishing and use my car instead of gas guzzler suv they wont let me put sticker on any transferrable plastic cut out!! B/S if u ask me.... what if u lease /sell or change vechicle.... = NEW STICKER =MORE $$ they should copy ur id/receipt and keep it with ur pass on file to know its same person each time and NO WE ARE NOT SHARING THE PASS AS THEY WOULD THINK.

TheAsianGuy
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
irony for diasabled parking annual pass (castaic/puddingstone/santa fe) only valid for weekday use only...; NOT VALID FOR WEEKEND ; state of ca parks cures u of ur disablability on weekends... so pay up if u plan to fish on sat/sun !:Twisted::Twisted: b.s. if u ask me...

It could mean that disabled people may have a hard time fighting the craziness during weekends, so, weekends may not be suitable for them to play at those hotspots..So, it's a hell lot cheaper..but with restriction for their own personal safety benefits? Just thinking out loud :Envious:

BALLERONBUDGET
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
disabled/senior pass....... ; clarification... also included pops/grampa or many others over 65+ who fish and are retired or not... ive even noticed a few beaches /parking lots that do not accept disabled plaque discounts or free fare...fyi each beach/park is different. even state of ca fish license gives discounts to veterans/diasabled veterans . etc...

Coefficient13
08-23-2011, 09:31 PM
That's some good info. I live North of LA so I feel like I'm missing out on this pass..

I should do a trip down to all those lakes, though.

I figure I'll get the Castaic one for now then get more later if I feel like it. I go fishing about one and a half to twice a week and would like to make that three or so times even if some is short after work action.

Interesting to find what lakes are participating in that awesome pass and which ones are abstaining.

SDDave
08-25-2011, 06:17 PM
To answer part of what you said, if you sell your car you can pull off the sticker and turn it in at castsic and transfer a replacement to your new car without having to pay anything, it would make they don't allow the passes to be put on a placard cause they think people are going to pass it around once in the park don't see how that would work...
I got one for Castaic every year, plus on when they made them available for Pyramid, all you need there is on the car, so you can bring differnt stuff in if you want to, Castaic should follow suit with that system, they really do pay for them selves over time, I know I spent over 150 at pyramid before they made them available

irony for diasabled parking annual pass (castaic/puddingstone/santa fe) only valid for weekday use only...; NOT VALID FOR WEEKEND ; state of ca parks cures u of ur disability on weekends... so pay up if u plan to fish on sat/sun !:Twisted::Twisted: truck +boat annual = $250.. for both passes, but if im shore fishing and use my car instead of gas guzzler suv they wont let me put sticker on any transferrable plastic cut out!! B/S if u ask me.... what if u lease /sell or change vechicle.... = NEW STICKER =MORE $$ they should copy ur id/receipt and keep it with ur pass on file to know its same person each time and NO WE ARE NOT SHARING THE PASS AS THEY WOULD THINK.

vortec_cruiser
08-25-2011, 06:47 PM
disabled/senior pass....... ; even state of ca fish license gives discounts to veterans/diasabled veterans . etc...

Only for Vets with 50%+ disability.

madmax951
08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
as stated above...

here is a direct link to California state park passes...plus info

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1049

some one told me at the lake that if you know any one collecting social security that these passes get reduce to $5 or $15...could be a myth , who knows.

Coefficient13
08-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I got the Castaic one on Wednesday. Headed back tomorrow (Friday) and possibly Sunday.

This will work out well till the days get too short for after work trips.

Worth the money. Makes a shorter trip worth it, so just opens it up as a possibility to fish anytime.