PDA

View Full Version : Piru lake!!

FELIPE
08-21-2011, 08:24 PM
:LOL: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE FOR FISHING PIRU LAKE SHORE`S?
PLANNING ON TAKING THE WIFE AND KIDS THERE THIS WEEKEND BEFORE THEY GO BACK TO SCHOOL. IMA TRY N CATCH ANY THING AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL WE GOAN EAT IT!! WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST RIG TO FISH THE WEEDS THERE?:Not Worthy:
THANX IN ADVANCE!!:LOL:

JeffO
08-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Throw an all white or trout-colored medium sized rooster tail for bass and bluegill. I had a field day last week to the left of the boat ramp in the weeds. Caught over 20..... I have a bass boat so I could get deep into the weeds in the back, but the fish were basically everywhere back there. Go as close to the back of the cove as you can on foot.

Another tip.... If you want to catch even the super dinks, use wire cutters and cut off two of the hooks on the treble hook that comes on the roosters. You'll easily triple the amount of fish you land if you do this. Just accept the fact that some of them might be like 4 inches haha ;) enjoy!

JeffO
08-22-2011, 09:37 AM
ANOTHER NOTE: Don't forget to catch and release everything under the legal size.... dinks are fun if you just want some action, but we're counting on these fish for the future of the lake!

FELIPE
08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Cool thanx allot!! Ima hit it up this weekend, will c&r all underlings! Cant wait to get out there.