PDA

View Full Version : lower lake

661fishingfool
08-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Fished the lagoon on the swim far a couple hours before open. Throwing a bluegill nut cracker got nailed but had my rod tip down like a newbie by the time I got my rod back up the fish spit the bait. There are some teen size largies lingering on those beaches in the am but dosent last long. They are gone by 7-8am. Give it another shot tomorrow am hopefully have a pic to post.

Coefficient13
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Was there in the morning and didn't get anything till 11. Around then got 2 decent bass from the shore off the rocks towards the entrance from the launch.

Plastic worm slow and jump it when I hit a rock or other snag.

kendo
08-22-2011, 07:51 AM
derp :Shocked:

661fishingfool
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Gonna see what up with the twilight bite Saturday anyone else gonna hit it up. Picked up some sinkos and frog baits for the weed lines hope to pull out a chubby!

Coefficient13
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I'll be there tomorrow night (Friday) at the rocks near the entrance.

From after work soft plastics till evening then and on till dark for topwater action or till I give up and leave a broken man. Whichever comes first.

May see you there Saturday evening as well. I'm determined to get a fish on a topwater. Gotta practice till I can talk the talk and walk the dog.

Topwater bait humor...

BassinChef
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
I`ll be there Sunday in the am, for Senkos try the 3-4 in Watermelon all around the docks with light line good luck

661fishingfool
08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Been doing well with the senkos throwing the four inch think I'm gonna take it up a size and see if I can weed out some of the small fish. Lower lake late afternoon and night turning out some largies though.

661fishingfool
08-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Gonna fish the night tournament tomorrow should be some good fun with the bite as well as it is. Will see.

kaneo
08-26-2011, 10:02 AM
always nice to see the largemouth given away to eat... got to help feed the meat eaters..

Coefficient13
08-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Headed back now. Bringing extra water, if you want one ask, wearing black Lakers shirt. Dang hot out.

661fishingfool
08-29-2011, 07:36 AM
No doubt! Hot isn't even the word man. Senkos did well sat night throwing the green watermelon with black flake. Tryed to weed out the smaller fish by throwing the 7" but didn't have much luck those fish will attempt to eat anything that smells good and looks tasty

Coefficient13
08-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Saw you guys out there Saturday night as I failed with my topwater.

Was a touch jealous, but I ordered my tubes a bit ago anyways. More portable than the Kayak so can rock it more often.

Grats on your fish.

661fishingfool
08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks bro. Gonna hit the upper lake Thursday afternoon hope to get on some boils. Taking my boss so it kinda adds to the pressure a little bit.

Coefficient13
08-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I've taken my brother-in-law fishing, that was pressure enough. Good luck with the boss.

I'm going to hit the lagoon tonight from shore. Practice failing with heavy plastic jerk baits. Perhaps toss the jig. Leave the usual spot and walk around for weeds bushes and trees.

Coefficient13
08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
I was skunked. Went way up by the reeds where the inlet from the main lake is. Spent a good amount of time learning exactly how inaccessible the spots I found on my kayak are from the shore.

Spent a bit more time scouting for where to take my family if I can get them tubing this weekend.

Ended up with dropshot and Carolina rig off that small sandy shore stretch near that end of the lake. I was tired and kept over casting the short sweet spot and ending up in that unforgiving vegetation.

I lost no rigs, left before the sun went down.

I still need to figure out a few more shore fishing locations there.