PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 8/20 plus advisory

P.A.W.
08-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Lake was socked in all morning. Had nav lights on until after 9:00am. With the low light conditions I thought I'd see some good stripey topwater action.... nope. Ran into JAG out there, said howdy and we went our ways. I wasn't metering fish where I normally do so I slow trolled along to the south shore. Finally started to meter numbers near the mid lake point in 35feet of water. Hooked up a couple and saw a smallish boil, but couldn't stop for it with the u-rig out. Called JAG on the cel and he joined me. Man, that guy wasted no time. Fish on right away. The frenzy slowed up and I figured with the sun out the schools were breaking up and fish were out hunting.

I went back to my fav north shore area and sure enough picked up a few more on the troll. Left around 11:00 with 5 on the boat. OH BTW the Ranger told me they'll be bluestoning again this Tuesday so the lake will be closed. Good news is it should clear up the east end salad for trollers.

JAG107
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
It was a good day out there, when the fog finally burned off it got hot quick. We got one on liver by the south end of the dam, then got the good word from PAW and headed down where he was. I had the rapala on the DR and within 15 seconds of that thing hitting the 20 depth, it was fish on! Man I love DR fish, such a blast. B&W can be fun when it's a good bite, but to me there's nothing like a troll fish. Tried pulling the URig around for the first time, got no love so I guess I need to tune it up a bit. PAW, you gave me some good ideas today!
Left at 12:30, bite got real slow for everybody. One couple at the inlet had a big basketful of the rats by 11 or so, looked like chovies was their weapon of choice.