PDA

View Full Version : 8/19 hot

Yellow Dog
08-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Got on the water at 7:00am. Went to the west dam to look for stripers. Did not see any boils so started fishing for bass. Caught 5 dinks in the first hour on a texas rigged worm. Still not boils so gave up on stripers and started concentrating on bass. Caught a nice 20 inch bass. Very skinny. During spawning season probably would have been about 5 pounds. Could not have weighed more than 3 pounds.!! Nothing for the next hour.Temperature was in the high 80's so I left. I did not see much being caught. Off the water by 11:00am. YD

AbsolutePig
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Nice report....I don't think you are going to see the drastic striper boils because the water level is so high. I dunno that's just my opinion. Over the last few years we use to see the Tuna boils because the water was so low. With the water up, it's a little harder to find them until you figure out the pattern. Good day!

DarkShadow
08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Over the last few years we use to see the Tuna boils because the water was so low.

They're stocking tuna at DVL now?!?

Kwin, why didn't you tell us!?

AbsolutePig
08-19-2011, 03:15 PM
They're stocking tuna at DVL now?!?

Kwin, why didn't you tell us!?

I knew some boner wouldn't get it.......

Lady Quagga
08-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I knew some boner wouldn't get it.......

Get what? That you were being serious? Or facetious?

AbsolutePig
08-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Get what? That you were being serious? Or facetious?

Lady Quagga, if you've ever experienced a big Tuna boil, that's what you've seen in recent years at DVL when the water was down. If you haven't seen a tuna boil, I wouldn't expect you to know what I am referring to.

Lady Quagga
08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Lady Quagga, if you've ever experienced a big Tuna boil, that's what you've seen in recent years at DVL when the water was down. If you haven't seen a tuna boil, I wouldn't expect you to know what I am referring to.

Having seen both tuna and striper boils, I can tell you that - assuming both species could exist in the same body of (fresh) water - I would NEVER mistake one for the other. So trying to make a visual comparison of the two is rather amusing, to say the least.

But I'm glad you were the only one that understood your analogy. (By the way, did you mean yellowfin tuna boils? Or firecracker albacore boils moving north from Mexican waters? Please elaborate.)

AbsolutePig
08-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Having seen both tuna and striper boils, I can tell you that - assuming both species could exist in the same body of water - I would NEVER mistake one for the other. So trying to make a visual comparison of the two is rather amusing, to say the least.

But I'm glad you were the only one that understood your analogy. (By the way, did you mean yellowfin tuna boils? Or firecracker albacore boils moving north from Mexican waters? Please elaborate.)

Oh geez....I'll leave it at that.

HawgStalker
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Got on the water at 7:00am. Went to the west dam to look for stripers. Did not see any boils so started fishing for bass. Caught 5 dinks in the first hour on a texas rigged worm. Still not boils so gave up on stripers and started concentrating on bass. Caught a nice 20 inch bass. Very skinny. During spawning season probably would have been about 5 pounds. Could not have weighed more than 3 pounds.!! Nothing for the next hour.Temperature was in the high 80's so I left. I did not see much being caught. Off the water by 11:00am. YD

Yellow Dog... I was there this mrng. as well and it was slow for me too. I talked to some regulars who said it was a little scratchy for them... I was there earlier this week and the water was down laterally 3-4' on the shoreline today, dont know what that equals to vertically but I just thought I would mention it! Thx for the report...

phantom 34
08-19-2011, 06:27 PM
lady quagga you sound hot.wanna hook up?

DarkShadow
08-19-2011, 07:04 PM
lady quagga you sound hot.wanna hook up?

You're gonna have to get inspected after tangling with The Quagga.

Stormcrow
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
you're gonna have to get inspected after tangling with the quagga.

oh my gawd!!!! I think I just peed myself...

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::R OFL::ROFL::ROFL:

fishstory
08-20-2011, 08:17 AM
You're gonna have to get inspected after tangling with The Quagga.

Thats hilarious! I fished yesterday, got one striper on a troll about 7am. Then nothing. I fished the lake harder than I ever have yesterday. Still not sure if Im using the right methods but still fished the hell out of that lake for one fish. Trolled the east dam for two hours, then trolled all the way to the west dam, hauled back to the east dam and trolled another hour, then anchored near the marina and dropped some bait, not even a bite, then ran to the outlet and soaked bait for another hour with no bites. Off the lake @3pm. I did see three small striper get caught on bait. Made it even more frustrating as I never even got a bite. Tough gig out there.

autowiz
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Sonar,sonar,sonar,sonar.

fishstory
08-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Sonar,sonar,sonar,sonar.
Nevermind, I have no idea what Im talking about.

twcthfsh
08-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Does that mean tuna only boil at "low tide"?