PDA

View Full Version : Tradition 8/14/2011

Thisfool
08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
hit the tradition up on Sunday with my uncle, the man who taught me how to fish when i was a kid. he hadn't been fishing at all in over three years so in his own words while we were waiting for them to start roll call he was as giddy as a school girl, but alas it was a rather slow day.

how ever almost every one on the boat thanks to the hard work of our captain sorry i dint get your name every one on the boat managed a few sand bass and even a few barracuda made there way up to the deck including my uncle who some how hooked one San Francisco style ( that means in the anus lol)

a few guys including me hooked in to some nice size bat rays (one guys bat ray had to be at least 50lbs) so that provided some excitement to the guys on the boat. also that was my first bat ray super fun fight if i say so my self.

a nice sheep head was brought up along with some short cabazon's i also got one of these which in turn was another first for me. and at our last stop before heading in a good handful of whitefish were boated but for the third time ive been on a boat and white fish are coming over the rail i still am yet to land one :( also a rather large halibut was caught by the captian it was really cool to have the captain come down and hang out with us and fish along side with us and give tips and even rig up the kids on the boat with the right stuff. really cool thats a good captain

here is one of my sand bass (notice my uncle in the back ground having fun lol)
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2011-08-14113503.jpg

and this is what him and his friends turned into
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/Travis_Hernandez/2011-08-15125438.jpg

id like to thank all the crew of the tradition even tho we dint have the best of days your professionalize and hospitality made it a great trip and i cant wait to get back on your guys boat thank you very much for the good time

JapanRon
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Thisfool,

Great report and pics. Glad to hear the cuda are still around over in SMB. Good gettin' out with the guy who taught you to fish.

JapanRon

TUNAVIC
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Sounds like you had a good time with your uncle thats cool,I'm sure he enjoyed it also.
By the way thats the best looking sandbass I've ever seen in your second picture.
Did you prepare that or did your uncle?

5150fishn
08-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear that you got out on the water with your uncle. It sounds like a good time even with so so fishing. Congrats on the firsts on the new species. It even sounds like a trip without "atrocity's" LOL

Thisfool
08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks ron it was kinda cool to take him on a boat he never been on

Tunavic thanks there were some really nice ones. And that ceviche was made by me. Simple ceviche. Oinon tomato cilontro cucumber salt pepper tapatio bass and imitation crab to make it go furthr since I onky caught 3 legals

5150 the atrocitys only happen when josh is aroud but at the same time the fishing is usualy better when he is around so its a give and take