PDA

View Full Version : Surf and harbor fishing NPH Fri Morning

smokehound
08-18-2011, 02:39 AM
I'll be there bright an early around 5:50 am I'll be starting around 38th st.

Let me know via PM if you're down to fish. Great opportunity for the newbs to learn about surf structure.

I'll mainly be looking for Corbina, If they dont show up, I may go north, to Bolsa Chica.

LGHT
08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
This would be great since i'm only 5 min from the harbor, but unfortunetly I have to work tomorrow. Do you ever go during the weekend if not how often do you plan ahead? I could always find some type of reason to come in the office at noon and fish early! I've never fished surf before so not sure what type of setup I would need, but I do have a few salt water setups.

jerr-dog
08-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Yhea I could use someone down here in the South bay who wouldn't mind showing me some surf structure. OC is a bit of a drive though. Well not really guess I mean I don't have gas to get to OC. your by Disneyland huh? Would love to catch my first Corbina for sure though.

Josh
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM
was actually thinking of going there saturday am. If you go on the weekend let me know, haven't done much surf fishing and would like some tips.

smokehound
08-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I might go on Sat instead. it was just too hot to make my rounds today..

River Monster
08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I might go on Sat instead. it was just too hot to make my rounds today..

Smoke, temperature taking a slight dip over the weekend before going back up. Good call.

smokehound
08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm going tomorrow.