PDA

View Full Version : a little advice would greatly be appreciated...

Elber Gudo
08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I love to use four pound test and two pound as well for my fishing adventures. Does this mean that i could only use certain lures? i just purchased some spinner baits that seem a little to heavy for the line i use. Right now i am using four pound Fire line from Berkley. i also bought a top water popper that also seems to big. all were purchased from Bass Pro Shop online. Even the ten inch plastic worm seems to big. I haven't fished in a good while and wish to pick up on it again. One more thing, is Rooster Tail a good all around lure for fishing? Thanks in advance.

TSHARKSLAP
08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
i would go up to 8# test i fish 6# for worms and stuff but if you get stuck or caught in something more then likely say good bye to your lures

AbsolutePig
08-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I love to use four pound test and two pound as well for my fishing adventures. Does this mean that i could only use certain lures? i just purchased some spinner baits that seem a little to heavy for the line i use. Right now i am using four pound Fire line from Berkley. i also bought a top water popper that also seems to big. all were purchased from Bass Pro Shop online. Even the ten inch plastic worm seems to big. I haven't fished in a good while and wish to pick up on it again. One more thing, is Rooster Tail a good all around lure for fishing? Thanks in advance.

If you're fishing for trout, you're fine. I fish 4# floro with worm rigs......works just fine. If you catch a bigger fish, you might have a problem. make sure your drag is set appropriately. You can fish 4# with poppers and spinners too. If you are using an ultra light pole there isn't much backbone for hook setting. Also don't heave your casts with heavier lures and spinners or your line will snap. Just up it to 6# Floro..........

Elber Gudo
08-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds like i might have to move up to six pound or eight. Its just that the fight seems better with a smaller test. Normally i target trout, but recently i have been going for anything under the sun swimming in the summer. I caught a nice three pound LMB on a rooster tail the other day, so i researched lures and seems that eight or ten is good for a line.

headcase881
08-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Ya you get a aggresive bass on a lure and he will rip right through four pound they will hammer that lure harder then a rigged plastic worm (in my opinion)

Skyler
08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Don't let the poundage rating fool you. Fireline is amazingly tough. I landed this guy on 10 pound fireline crystal:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1066/1000997i.jpg

Fishbreath
08-18-2011, 04:13 PM
If you intend to release the bass, you may want to reconsider using 4# line. You may get a "better fight" on the light line, but playing a fish to exhaustion can cause a build up of lactic acid in its muscle tissue. That build up can be fatal even if it swims away at the time of release.

Old fishermen never die. They just smell that way.
The Best of Fishbreath (http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Slideshow/?albumview=slideshow)

DarkShadow
08-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Don't let the poundage rating fool you. Fireline is amazingly tough. I landed this guy on 10 pound fireline crystal:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1066/1000997i.jpg

Dude, that thing's a toad!

Didya eat it?

headcase881
08-18-2011, 05:42 PM
that poor pup was probally only 10 lbs him self