PDA

View Full Version : 8/16 closing down the lake

SDDave
08-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Fish came up at the end of the evening, launched at 5:00, birds were active, a few popups, got one on a blind cast on the ripbait, fish went down the boats split up, looked around a bit, decided to go back to following the birds, good decision,
Stuck it out for a few minutes, then all he'll broke loose, we ended up with about 12 fish to 4 pounds, lucky craft ripbait and the kpn plug was the hot bait, kept 4 fish, gave them away to Kenny at the ramp, the Sherriff's were on the PA trying to get people to move it off the lake, weren't having much luck, I hope they don't start requiring boat to be off a hour before closing like Pyramid'

chansen49
08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Fish were boiling all day all over the fish arm.. I was on a friends pleasure boat, I always bring at least 1 rod and some lures just in case. We saw boils, in line to pay, we saw boils using the restroom up by the sheriffs office, We saw boils waiting for my buddy after he parked the truck. Hardly anybody on the lake yesterday. I nailed one on a long 30 plus yard cast on a boil we rolled up on, they went down, I told my buddy, "they'll pop back up" sure enough they did and I landed a nice 3-4 lber, A hard fighter on 6lb test. Shimano Cumara rod with a shimano symetre 750.. On the KPN topwater!

Its GO time...

SDDave
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Nice, good to always be ready,not only does the kpn catch fish, you can toss them a mile. What time of the day was this?

chansen49
08-17-2011, 12:04 PM
About 2:00 Id say.. maybe a skosh earlier..lol

Ch