PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Catalina Gear?

keada714
08-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys,

I will be heading out to Catalina soon with a friend on a charter boat.. I was wondering what kind of fishing gear should I bring or should I just get one from the company with the charter.. I have never been out there and not sure what kind of gear I would be needing. I would love to be targeting white sea basses and yellow tail.. Thanks and looking to hear from a few people that have already gone before.

Mark

catfish 17
08-16-2011, 02:07 PM
You really don't need a big setup. 15 to 20 pound test line will be good. I would prefer 15. About the sea bass and the yt, their not really biting at catalina right now. The fishing is sucking so far. I am waiting to see good fish counts to go on a full day trip or something.

n1ckxlam
08-16-2011, 06:20 PM
whatever they have available to rent will be just fine, good luck!

oakboy
08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Like n1ckxlam suggested. If its your first time and your not sure what to get for gear, just rent something from the charter. It beats spending a few hundred on a set up and it not being the right one or not a good fit for you. Try their rental stuff, if you like it go buy a similar set up and get back out there. Good luck and have fun!

<><
KP