PDA

View Full Version : G. Loomis Spin Jig Rod SJR782 GL2 for 15$

kotton909
08-15-2011, 11:16 PM
32496today i bought this rod for 15 dollars from a local pawn shop :Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin: the guy originally wanted 25 but i talked him down to 15 they also had a kencor rod and also a ugly stick with a real `

angelsfan951
08-15-2011, 11:31 PM
were are u located?? and what pawn shop was this at??

River Monster
08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
today i bought this rod for 15 dollars from a local pawn shop :Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin: the guy originally wanted 25 but i talked him down to 15 they also had a kencor rod and also a ugly stick with a real `

So, are you planning on selling it for 10 here? I thought this part of the forum was for buying and selling stuff?? Just a little peeved that you didn't buy them all so that we can reap your benefits as well! :Evil:

vortec_cruiser
08-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll buy it for your posted price.

River Monster
08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll buy it for your posted price.

Hey now, I offered 10, but I'll go up to 20. Can this thread just get moved to the fishing gear and tackle forum? I don't know about anyone else, but it really annoys me to see this post thinking that I can get a G Loomis rod for 15 bucks...

Swank909
08-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey now, I offered 10, but I'll go up to 20. Can this thread just get moved to the fishing gear and tackle forum? I don't know about anyone else, but it really annoys me to see this post thinking that I can get a G Loomis rod for 15 bucks...

You can get one for 15$, thats the point. Start hitting up your local pawn shops

River Monster
08-18-2011, 12:30 AM
You can get one for 15$, thats the point. Start hitting up your local pawn shops

I understand pawn shops to be great places to pick up excellent deals. However, my understanding is that this member classifieds board is for people to post items they either want to sell, to buy, or to trade. If his point was to inform about a great deal (which it really wasn't as he already purchased the one and only item left in inventory), I feel that belongs in the Fishing Gear & Tackle, where other members often post other deals or sales they run across. That's just my two cents.

Swank909
08-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I understand pawn shops to be great places to pick up excellent deals. However, my understanding is that this member classifieds board is for people to post items they either want to sell, to buy, or to trade. If his point was to inform about a great deal (which it really wasn't as he already purchased the one and only item left in inventory), I feel that belongs in the Fishing Gear & Tackle, where other members often post other deals or sales they run across. That's just my two cents.

Members will most often post deals and such in the classifieds. You should put in a suggestion for a Deals / Sales thread

lovefofish
08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I got my phenix crank rod for 35$ at the norco pawn shop.

River Monster
08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
I got my phenix crank rod for 35$ at the norco pawn shop.

At least you posted a specific location haha... And now my question of course will be: "Is there any left?", to which you will answer "Nope. I got the only one that was there and I am not selling it so I am not sure why I am posting this on the members classifieds forum".

Guys, I am not trying to be difficult or trying to start an argument. It's simple. Classifieds are where people buy, sell, and trade. If you're not doing any of those, why post here? It seems like more like a miscellaneous post to me. Is there really no one else that sees it this way as well?

Swank909
08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
At least you posted a specific location haha... And now my question of course will be: "Is there any left?", to which you will answer "Nope. I got the only one that was there and I am not selling it so I am not sure why I am posting this on the members classifieds forum".

Guys, I am not trying to be difficult or trying to start an argument. It's simple. Classifieds are where people buy, sell, and trade. If you're not doing any of those, why post here? It seems like more like a miscellaneous post to me. Is there really no one else that sees it this way as well?

You are in fact being difficult and trying to start an argument. Yes you are the only one that sees it this way

kotton909
08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
were are u located?? and what pawn shop was this at??

san bernardino it was on highland bye 7 eleven off of arrowhead

kotton909
08-18-2011, 10:45 PM
lmao ru mad lol

kotton909
08-18-2011, 10:47 PM

is fnn paying you??? lol if not myob

River Monster
08-18-2011, 10:56 PM
is fnn paying you??? lol if not myob

Actually it is my business because I often browse the classifieds for good deals on used fishing equipment. I thought I had stumbled upon the deal of a lifetime on G Loomis rod for $15. I am just voicing my thoughts when it turned out it was just someone else gloating about a good deal they got. That's all. :Smile:

River Monster
08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
You are in fact being difficult and trying to start an argument. Yes you are the only one that sees it this way

Arguments take two to get started. I am not arguing with you. I am presenting my thoughts.

kotton909
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
just added a pic

River Monster
08-22-2011, 03:40 PM
just added a pic

Looks good. I'll take it for $15.

806swampdonkey
08-23-2011, 07:59 AM
I completely agree with River Monster. I did not sign on to read about the deal you got. I browse this forum looking for the deal I am going to get. So when you post something about a Loomis for $15 in the classified section, most are led to believe there is a Loomis for sale for $15! The post doesn't belong in the classifieds... that's all River is trying to say.

As for the rest of you giving him a hard time... think logically for once... If you look at the designation for the "classified" section on this website it is for members to post their BUY / SELL / TRADE / WANTED stuff here. I don't see how brutha man getting a Loomis rod down the street for $15 fits any of these... UNLESS THERE ARE MORE LEFT FOR THE REST OF US!!!! :Cool:

RiverWalker
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Just wanted to add my 2cents.

I am in agreement that this shouldn't have been posted in the classified section for the reasons already stated BUT it's not that big of a deal to me.

Yes I felt deceived by the subject line thinking someone was actually selling a nice Loomis for $15. Yes it was a small waste of my time it took to click and then to read a couple sentences. Oh wells! I moved on. Then I noticed that this thread kept going so I checked it out again to see what else was being said. It's pretty funny to me that some of you are giving this guy such a hard time about it. Can we agree that you initially felt inclined to say something because you felt deceived like me and felt it was a waste of time to read his post? Instead of just reading it and moving on, some of you have now wasted a lot more time trying to police your interpretation of the rules on where it should of been posted and then arguing the fact.

I think the main point of his post was to share with his fellow anglers the fact that you could find great deals at your local pawn shops. In fact he did also mention that there were a few other rods left over there. Again, I agree that it shouldn't have been posted here but it wasn't a total waste of my time. I now know you could find great deals at Pawn shops for fishing gear. I would of never thought to check one out.

Having said that, Kotton909, If you ever want to make a 100% profit on the deal you received, I'll buy the GL2 for $30! =)

vortec_cruiser
08-25-2011, 01:47 PM
When I first posted in this thread, I was a bit sarcastic, since it was in the wrong forum. But now that the initial "shock" has worn off, I think it's great that Kotton909 got such a good deal on a Loomis rod. The important thing right now is that he catches some fish with it. :-)

RiverWalker
08-25-2011, 04:24 PM
That's the bottomline! Or...he could just sell it to one of us so we could catch some fish with it! haha

When I first posted in this thread, I was a bit sarcastic, since it was in the wrong forum. But now that the initial "shock" has worn off, I think it's great that Kotton909 got such a good deal on a Loomis rod. The important thing right now is that he catches some fish with it. :-)