PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight 8/13 reports

SDDave
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
So Did any FNN'er's fish, let's see some reports.
So to say I haven't any, didn't go due to boat issues!

minijoser
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
I went out with my girlfriend and a buddy of mine and I caught a nice 3 1/2 pound stripper. We had a few bites but nothing crazy. There wasn't that many boats at all. In fact I ask the lady at the entrance ''where are all the fisherman man'' she said that only one sheet had been filled to the previous 4 sheets they would normally fill. All in all great night good company, music and O'DOUL"S

laserbrn
08-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Uhmmmm....BEER isn't allowed, so I wouldn't go advertising that around everywhere. I went out with a fellow FNNer and we trolled around, we tried some bait-n-wait up near the bouy line and at another seemingly active favorite spot. We didn't manage a single fish. Got one bite, but it didn't stick, little bastard got my bait. All in all it was a good trip, just wish Mr. Striper would be a bit more active.

I might just have to give up on these night events. I'm looking through past reports todays from years past and I'm not exactly seeing reports of slaying'em at night at these events.

minijoser
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
I want to post a picture of the striper I caught but I havent managed to figure out how to do it.

eggot
08-15-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought O'DOUL's was non-alcoholic beer? lol

SDDave
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
I want to post a picture of the striper I caught but I havent managed to figure out how to do it.

Cool, least you didn't get skunk... There a how to somewhere here on the forum for posting pics
It just needs a host site, photo bucket is pretty easy.
Nothing wrong with non- alcohol beer... ;)

TroutOnly
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey laserburn you didnt use the t/o fishing for striper at night trick, i showed the stripey boys several years ago what works at night,if you want to know send me a pm and i will drop the knowledge on youre head,,,,,,,it worked so well about twenty other boats were doing it before the last night fishing event of that year,cuase we were killing them every time,,,,,,,,,,,

fish-o-haulic
08-15-2011, 04:52 PM
didnt go confused my dates and thought it was next weekend how frustrating, anyway doesnt sound like it was too crazy. But like someone said earlier i never hear of a super excellent bite during the nightevents.

yolo
08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Fish sleep at night. :LOL:

SDDave
08-15-2011, 06:34 PM
We worked them so hard Friday I didn't want to loose the high, I've sworn off the stink bait till next year.

Fishthewhaler
08-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Me and my buddy Ralph fished liz canton for nada, made a couple moves(dry gulch) for nada. Motored over to the ski arm buoy line and set up. At 12:15 am missed the first rod dipping, followed by a triple hookup. I got a 4lb striper, and ralph nailed a cat and a striper both around 4 lbs. Pulled up the hook at 100 am and called it a night...SLOWWWW
I will do a smash and dash this week at the mid and get in on some of those boils...
FTW over and out

KID-FISH
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Sounds like the typical moonlight event at Castaic...fishing is tough there as it is, better fishing during the day imo.