PDA

View Full Version : LB breakwall quesiton..

hbfisherman
08-14-2011, 01:31 PM
I saw some peoples reports of float tubing the breakwall and catching some real nice calicos and sandies. I have a float tube myself and I was wondering where you launch your tubes and if you fish the inside or outside of the breakwall?

Thanks!

ps if you dont want to share on a thread you can PM me if youd like

greenbean
08-15-2011, 01:47 PM
It looks to me like the only access from shore is from Carillo beach. There you have access to the inside and outside.
The outside is gonna produce the bigger units, but I wouldn't recommend kicking around out there in a float tube.
The inside can produce decent numbers but smaller fish.
P.M. me if you'd like some terminal tackle recommendations.
Good luck! Jim.

stepchild
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM
i hope you do alot of squats and leg extensions because that is a hell of a kick......

greenbean
08-15-2011, 02:59 PM
i hope you do alot of squats and leg extensions because that is a hell of a kick......

Very true! You'd have to kick around the fishing pier on the inside. That thing is probably 1/4 mile long.
And you can't be within casting distance of the pier.
A boat is better.

Psycho_fish'r
08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I've seen photos as well of float tubers on the outside wall. Not only is that an insane distance from any launch ramp, but it can get very dangerous out there. Sometimes when the swells smash into the rocks, the water surges creating a suction that creates a strong current that pulls to the rocks. Even when fishing off my boat, that surge pulls the boat towards the rocks, even with my trolling motor at full thrust. The inside is mellower, but at night, you have to watch out for boaters hauling ***. They can create big wakes that will push you into the rocks. By the time a boater sees you at night on a tube, it'll probably be too late. Use your judgement. It's not worth risking your safety.