PDA

View Full Version : Trolling for stripers @ dvl sat. 8/13

diamondbear
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Gave it another shot today and it started out slow probably because of the full moon . I saw a few big schools first thing in the morn. but they were like 70 ft. down and wanting nothing to do with me . I was trolling today and saw a few old freinds as I made my rounds as I covered alot of water on the west end . I did finally get another limit of 10 stripers today but had to really work for them . I was getting them at 40-45 ft. and was getting them on the shore lines that were being fed by the west winds . Got 2 in the morn. and 2 in the noon time and once the winds picked up it went like wide open , lost 2 fish [ 1 breaking my leader ] . All little cookie cutter schoolies but me being kinda new on catching stripers I'll take quanity now over quality . I know what it takes to target quality but Iam enjoying the good old troll bite now . These schoolies are pretty perdictable on were there going to show up , the bigger ones are like alot harder to figure out but hopefully I'll get a few . The stripers today were suspended single fish in about 110 ft. - 220 ft. of water , with the surface water temp. at 78 deg. // db http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1227.jpghttp://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1228.jpghttp://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_1229.jpg

bassmeister
08-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Best taco size right there Steve.

GdHkSet1
08-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice Steve, I saw you trollin around man on the west area, look like back in the ol holdover days with boats trolling everywhere. Good that you ID'd the pattern, take care see ya on the water next time on another day.

diamondbear
08-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey Vince , I saw you and your bud show up sat. morn. , sorry for not saying hi . I just wanted to cruise around and see what was happening in different spots . Starting next week I gotta start getting serious about getting a bigger fish than these little guys . I love getting hooked up on the troll , its kinda like the good old holdover days , ha // steve

TroutOnly
08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
GOOD JOB ON THE STRIPER KILLING STEVE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

diamondbear
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Theres actually more fish being caught then whats being posted now , but with the turney comin up it makes sense . The next couple of weeks is going to be good fishing [ I HOPE , ha] // db

striperkingclassic1
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
To Steve- There are definitely way more fish being caught then people are reporting. I was out on Sunday and saw a lot of guys doing pre-tournament fishing. I can't tell you at this point where I'm getting the 411, but guys are limiting out in certain spots. If you drive by them and ask, they'll say something like, "fishing's okay, were catching a few bluegill and LMB". These same guys were quietly netting stripers for limits for 3 consecutive days!

One thing for the tournament guys: All it takes is 1 Big Fish! That's where the money is at, not getting your limit.

Prior to selecting the SKC date, we checked the moon phase sign. That Sunday, August 28th is the new moon. The moon sign will be fine for the 27th, as the stripers will not have the luxury of the moon to feed at night.
Barry