PDA

View Full Version : Trolling for stripers @ dvl sat. 8/13

diamondbear
08-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Gave it another shot today and it started out slow probably because of the full moon . I saw a few big schools first thing in the morn. but they were like 70 ft. down and wanting nothing to do with me . I was trolling today and saw a few old freinds as I made my rounds as I covered alot of water on the west end . I did finally get another limit of 10 stripers today but had to really work for them . I was getting them at 40-45 ft. and was getting them on the shore lines that were being fed by the west winds . Got 2 in the morn. and 2 in the noon time and once the winds picked up it went like wide open , lost 2 fish [ 1 breaking my leader ] . All little cookie cutter schoolies but me being kinda new on catching stripers I'll take quanity now over quality . I know what it takes to target quality but Iam enjoying the good old troll bite now .

CALFISHER4EVR
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Nice to hear a report on the troll, I am going to hit the lake on Monday when there is less boat traffic . I made a custom wood bait in a shad pattern and want to give it a try. I don't do much striper trolling but I hope to hone my skills by the end of the year. If I don't do well, there is always lmb's to catch.

striperkingclassic1
08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
To Steve- Great to hear you nailing those stripers. As long as you're having a good time on the water, it doesn't matter if you're getting schoolies or monsters. You'll be on those big boys soon. Hope to see you on the water, just like the old days. Hope to see you on the 27th...........
Barry A. Ogawa