PDA

View Full Version : Green Valley Lake 8-13-11

Bebop
08-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Whent out to try my luck at Green Valley Lake this morning at six AM with my friend Pete and the trout were jumping all over the place. I heard they just stocked the lake on Friday with some nice fish. We were told there was a full moon last night but that did not affect our fishing. we slayed them and kept the largest five fish each. I even caught 6 crapies. It was a fun day with some fun friends. We left the lake at one thirty PM

Cartman
08-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Whent out to try my luck at Green Valley Lake this morning at six AM with my friend Pete and the trout were jumping all over the place. I heard they just stocked the lake on Friday with some nice fish. We were told there was a full moon last night but that did not affect our fishing. we slayed them and kept the largest five fish each. I even caught 6 crapies. It was a fun day with some fun friends. We left the lake at one thirty PM

Thank you for the report, Bebop. It looks like Green Valley is really hopping. What were you using that you caught so many trout and even crappies?

angelsfan951
08-16-2011, 04:44 PM

nice fishing out there.. i just wanted to ask what did u use if u dont mind me asking i plan on going on sat and any hints would be great.. any particular area u fish at?

Bebop
08-16-2011, 05:39 PM
light green and gold glitter Chartruese Berkley tubes with green tail. Also Dark green/light green bottom with gold glitter trout traps. I also used an orange Berkly power worm with a 4 foot leader dead sticking it(this one only caught little trout. the tube jigs caught the bigger one. a half hour later my friend hooked up on a 10 to 12 pounder but lost it trying to net it. Dangggggg.

angelsfan951
08-18-2011, 09:38 AM
light green and gold glitter Chartruese Berkley tubes with green tail. Also Dark green/light green bottom with gold glitter trout traps. I also used an orange Berkly power worm with a 4 foot leader dead sticking it(this one only caught little trout. the tube jigs caught the bigger one. a half hour later my friend hooked up on a 10 to 12 pounder but lost it trying to net it. Dangggggg.

thanx for the info hopefully i get some fish on sat while im out there .. any particular spot on the lake that u go 2 or just pik a spot??

Bebop
08-23-2011, 07:10 PM
try renting a boat and go to the dam. my friend just said they caught some big trout(browns) on the same tube jig I wrote earlier. they caught some 4 to 5 pounders and a dd. dangggg i have to go back up there.

troutdog
08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Nice going Bob, sounds like a blast!

TD

Frequent Flyer
08-23-2011, 07:26 PM
great job luv tubes...anyone know when the next or last time they stocked?

phishin phool
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Try the website: gvlfishing.com. they usually will post something on there or call 909-867-2009(recording)
great job luv tubes...anyone know when the next or last time they stocked?